Author  Message

huskereuroca
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 11/14/1963 (60)

Posted: Sunday, June 28, 2015 at 10:09:54 PM | IP Logged

shorty2127 said:
"Thanks.

I do think it is the Player file. Do you place the full directory under the Opponents line or just the name (ie PGASmall).

"

Whatever folder that you have your plr file in. I use PGA Tour as the Opponents and have not only my plr file in it but have revamped that entire folder to include the top 200 players in the world rankings as of a week or so ago. I took out a lot of older players as well because some aren't even playing, are way down in the world rankings or have graduated to the Champions Tour. It took a little time to do it but it is up to date.  

shorty2127
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Monday, June 29, 2015 at 7:22:51 AM | IP Logged

Thanks.

Not sure I understand. Are you saying put your created player in this folder or the Players folder (ie the one that contains PGA Tour, PGASmall, etc) need to be your Career folder. 

bangus
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Monday, June 29, 2015 at 3:33:21 PM | IP Logged

edited by: bangus on Monday, June 29, 2015 at 3:34:00 PM

shorty2127 said:
"Thanks.

Not sure I understand. Are you saying put your created player in this folder or the Players folder (ie the one that contains PGA Tour, PGASmall, etc) need to be your Career folder."

shorty, no need to move your player file into the PGA Tour opponents folder, that folder is for CPU opponents only. What husker was saying about your custom tourney is you have to make sure when creating your custom season file that you do not place any eligibility restrictions on your first several tourneys, if you do you may not qualify to play them. 

huskereuroca
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Monday, June 29, 2015 at 9:16:06 PM | IP Logged

bangus said:
"
shorty2127 said:
"Thanks.

Not sure I understand. Are you saying put your created player in this folder or the Players folder (ie the one that contains PGA Tour, PGASmall, etc) need to be your Career folder."

shorty, no need to move your player file into the PGA Tour opponents folder, that folder is for CPU opponents only. What husker was saying about your custom tourney is you have to make sure when creating your custom season file that you do not place any eligibility restrictions on your first several tourneys, if you do you may not qualify to play them."

Thanks for cleaning that up bangus! 

bangus
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Tuesday, June 30, 2015 at 5:23:11 AM | IP Logged

shorty2127 said:
"Thanks.

I do think it is the Player file. Do you place the full directory under the Opponents line or just the name (ie PGASmall)."

Just the name, and make sure you type it correctly, PGA Tour has a space, whereas PGAChamp and PGASmall do not. Maybe that was the issue? 

bangus
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Tuesday, June 30, 2015 at 5:30:44 AM | IP Logged

huskereurocat said:
"Thanks for cleaning that up bangus!"

LOL. A nice project to make things easier for community members might be to upload a pre-created PGAUser career file along with a list of courses used (hint hint). I myself don't follow any kind of structured PGA Tour format with my season/career file, so I doubt anyone would use it. 

huskereuroca
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, June 30, 2015 at 10:57:05 AM | IP Logged

bangus said:
"
huskereurocat said:
"Thanks for cleaning that up bangus!"

LOL. A nice project to make things easier for community members might be to upload a pre-created PGAUser career file along with a list of courses used (hint hint). I myself don't follow any kind of structured PGA Tour format with my season/career file, so I doubt anyone would use it."

I think I could upload the one that I am using since it follows the PGA Tour fairly close. I have transposed some tournaments to the end of the season, like the playoff tourneys. I have to get all the courses and such and put them in a readme file though. I need a little coaching on what files need to be included. Obviously the PGAUser file, but I would think there are others that need to be included.

Pat, I'll let you know when it is ready! 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (63)

Posted: Tuesday, June 30, 2015 at 12:21:58 PM | IP Logged

Ok Kelly, sounds great, no hurry, take your time. 

bangus
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Tuesday, June 30, 2015 at 12:29:56 PM | IP Logged

edited by: bangus on Tuesday, June 30, 2015 at 12:30:00 PM

huskereurocat said:
"I have to get all the courses and such and put them in a readme file though. I need a little coaching on what files need to be included. Obviously the PGAUser file"

The PGAUser file is the only file needed. As for courses, all that''s required is a list of the courses you used, so that people know which courses they need to download. If you wanted to provide a list of links to the actual course-download pages of those courses, that would easier of course, especially for the old farts lol. 

huskereuroca
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Wednesday, July 1, 2015 at 12:35:03 AM | IP Logged

Spurred on by bangus' project idea, I found something in the CE Helper that may be a challenge or not possible with the current programming.
I found that in my season two of the tourneys have the same course. In trying to change the course of one of them, both tourneys were changed to the new course. I then tried deleting one of the tourneys and now the new tourney doesn't show up in the course editor helper once you click on the Load PGA button. In the game play both tourneys are showing up with the new course. So I would assume that the functionality is not there to delete or add any tourneys to the mix, only change the course for predefined scheduled tourneys.

Having the same course for multiple tourneys seems to be a mistake. I was planning on changing the US Open course as soon as Chambers Bay was available but I didn't realize that wasn't possible with the multiple course/tourney situation.

Any ideas other than making a new schedule? 

bangus
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Wednesday, July 1, 2015 at 3:53:15 PM | IP Logged

edited by: bangus on Wednesday, July 1, 2015 at 3:57:00 PM

huskereurocat said:
"Having the same course for multiple tourneys seems to be a mistake.
Any ideas other than making a new schedule?"

My question is, given all the courses to choose from, why did you choose to use a course more than once? If you created, say, a 36-event schedule, it seems to me you should be using 36 different courses, not only for variety but for PGA Tour realism. 

huskereuroca
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Wednesday, July 1, 2015 at 6:17:25 PM | IP Logged

it was a mistake. I didn't realize I had the same course for two events. I didn't mean to use Harding Park for the second event.  

bangus
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Thursday, July 2, 2015 at 7:25:53 AM | IP Logged

huskereurocat said:
"it was a mistake. I didn't realize I had the same course for two events. I didn't mean to use Harding Park for the second event."

Oh okay a mistake... yeah I've never made one of those so I'm completely unfamiliar with the experience. :) 

JoSummer
General Member
No User Image
Germany

B-Day: 8/12/1974 (49)

Posted: Friday, July 3, 2015 at 9:09:24 AM | IP Logged

edited by: JoSummer on Friday, July 3, 2015 at 9:21:00 AM

huskereurocat said:
"Spurred on by bangus project idea, I found something in the CE Helper that may be a challenge or not possible with the current programming.
I found that in my season two of the tourneys have the same course. In trying to change the course of one of them, both tourneys were changed to the new course. I then tried deleting one of the tourneys and now the new tourney doesn''''t show up in the course editor helper once you click on the Load PGA button. In the game play both tourneys are showing up with the new course. So I would assume that the functionality is not there to delete or add any tourneys to the mix, only change the course for predefined scheduled tourneys.

Having the same course for multiple tourneys seems to be a mistake. I was planning on changing the US Open course as soon as Chambers Bay was available but I didn''''t realize that wasn''''t possible with the multiple course/tourney situation.

Any ideas other than making a new schedule?"

It''s not possible with the 0.3 version, but it can be achieved to separate courses by tournament. I did not add this function to the helper, because I think the same way as Bangus. Why use a course x-times in a series. Anyway, I guess the "course replace" function works as intended.

I''m currently busy with other stuff, but added it to the TODO-list for the next version. I could also add a function to export the courses of a series file to csv, xsl or txt file.  

JoSummer Signature

Golf-4Fun Tour

huskereuroca
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Friday, July 3, 2015 at 1:25:03 PM | IP Logged

"Course Replace" function works great! If you wanted to change the request up a bit and program the helper to edit the season tourneys, that would be better than the x-times thing. That was just a stupid mistake. I agree with both of you that using the same course x-times is silly. Having the ability to change the schedule in successive seasons and make it a true career would be even better. I mean being able to delete and add a tourney in successive years, kind of like they do on the real tour at times.

I don't want to make this harder, but it may be an improvement. That way the stats and all will follow a player for seasons and have a true variable tourney tour. Whatever can be done is much appreciated. What you have done thus far is amazing!

Thanks 

huskereuroca
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Friday, July 3, 2015 at 10:39:57 PM | IP Logged

I just tried and succeeded in making "Course Replace" feature work in the current season. I wanted to change a course and did so on a tournament I was about to play. I was hoping that we didn't have to wait until the next season for these changes to take affect. Outstanding!

Just wanted to let everyone know that this feature works splendidly!! 

jhdabrick
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 4/24/1976 (48)

Posted: Wednesday, July 8, 2015 at 12:04:02 AM | IP Logged

I already have the 06 career editor, but where can I get the helper program? When I use the link above, I get an error message. 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Wednesday, July 8, 2015 at 8:16:19 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Wednesday, July 8, 2015 at 8:17:00 AM

Hello jhdabrick, i tried to download it, and it works fine for me:

http://golf-4fun.org/downloads/CEditor-Helper08_v03.zip

I will send it to your personal mail adrress, so you should receive it as attachment in the mail.

huskereuroca
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Wednesday, July 8, 2015 at 9:36:07 AM | IP Logged

huskereurocat said:
"I just tried and succeeded in making "Course Replace" feature work in the current season. I wanted to change a course and did so on a tournament I was about to play. I was hoping that we didn't have to wait until the next season for these changes to take affect. Outstanding!

Just wanted to let everyone know that this feature works splendidly!!"

Just so everyone knows the helper, under the current version, will only change a course using that feature. It won't change the name of the tourney or conditions of the tourney even if you change that info in the course editor provided. It will simply change the course that a tourney is played on. everything else that was selected for that tourney will still apply.

Great work JoSummer! Looking forward to the next version. Thanks for your hard work!!!! 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Wednesday, July 8, 2015 at 11:46:55 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Wednesday, July 8, 2015 at 11:47:00 AM

Thanks for the update Kelly.
Yes i second that: Great work JoSummer and thanks for sharing. 

Page of 5
<< Prev. Page ? Next Page >>

There are 2 active members online
danec54, rgaps,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Career editor in TW07/TW08 - Page 3 Loaded in 0.328 seconds
Thursday, May 9, 2024 @ 3:22:39 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.