Author  Message

JoSummer
General Member
No User Image
Germany

B-Day: 8/12/1974 (49)

Posted: Sunday, May 31, 2015 at 11:26:57 AM | IP Logged

Hi Kelly

with this version you can replace career courses of Standard Tournaments, adding the other types later. This version is highly experimental, also the readme.txt file can be a bit confusing I guess. If you have questions regarding the readme.txt let me know.

About the Matchplay issue: your season matchplay tournament worked just fine, so I think it has something to do with "Mike Weir and Tiger Woods ended in an "All Square after 18" - probably a game bug - don't know.

CEditor-Helper TW 2008 v2_experimental:
http://golf-4fun.org/downloads/CEditor-Helper08_v02_exp.zip 

JoSummer Signature

Golf-4Fun Tour

huskereuroca
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 11/14/1963 (60)

Posted: Sunday, May 31, 2015 at 10:48:24 PM | IP Logged

I must have done something wrong since I am now having to reinstall the game. It kept crashing when I tried to enter the pga tour mode.

I was getting 3 unknown courses in the red section but they are already part of my game. The course info is there its just not being read.

I'll try this again and try to follow the steps given. 

JoSummer
General Member
No User Image
Germany

Posted: Sunday, May 31, 2015 at 11:49:23 PM | IP Logged

edited by: JoSummer on Sunday, May 31, 2015 at 11:51:00 PM

Did you use your main tour character to test it? There''''s no need to reinstall the game, you just have to create a new pro player for the test launcher or replace the default files.

Default tour files: (PGAEdit.gcf, PGAUser.gcf are not default files)
....\Documents\Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 08\Career\GCFS\

It''''s better when you build the database with your custom courses, so I attached a database only containing the hex codes of stock courses. Just overwrite the one located in the CEditor folder.

I wouldn''''t use existing tour characters with this version. Always create a test player.

File Attachment
Zip File - zip File - Click Here to Download File - 4.5 KB

JoSummer Signature

Golf-4Fun Tour

huskereuroca
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Monday, June 1, 2015 at 12:40:18 PM | IP Logged

I thought everything was going great until I got to the process of creating a new golfer in TW08. The game keeps crashing on the screen that you go from choosing whether he would be an amatuer or pro to the screen where you give him a name. I can't get that far. Can you think of anything that I'm doing wrong? 

JoSummer
General Member
No User Image
Germany

Posted: Monday, June 1, 2015 at 1:06:24 PM | IP Logged

Your default PGA.gcf file is corrupted, located in

...\Documents\Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 08\Career\GCFS\

delete every file in the folder, then copy the career files from a tour player

\...Documents\Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 08\Career\Players\Annika Sorenstam\gcfs\

paste it into the top folder. 

JoSummer Signature

Golf-4Fun Tour

huskereuroca
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Monday, June 1, 2015 at 5:18:25 PM | IP Logged

When you click on 'Patch GCF' what file gets patched?

FYI - 1. Deleting the files in the above prodedure wiped out my career so I will have to make another schedule. 2. It doesn't matter if you say yes or no to the calendar question, you still get a blank slate to work with.  

bangus
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Monday, June 1, 2015 at 5:29:04 PM | IP Logged

huskereurocat said:
"Deleting the files in the above prodedure wiped out my career so I will have to make another schedule."
Once you have created your season schedule and golfer, make backup copies of all files then simply reload them if and when necessary.

As Jo mentioned, I have yet to get custom seasons to work using match events. Which is fine, I prefer the standard tourneys anyway, no CPU golfers so less waiting around between shots.  

huskereuroca
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Monday, June 1, 2015 at 6:48:03 PM | IP Logged

bangus - What files should I copy? Career folder?

JoSummer - I got this error after clicking on the replace button, then the helper closed. Don't know if that means none of the operation worked. Thought I would let you know what happened. seems that something is corrupted now since the game crashes when I try to open the PGA Tour now as the test golfer. Career still opens with other golfers with stock calendar. 

File Attachment
Zip File - zip File - Click Here to Download File - 12.0 KB

JoSummer
General Member
No User Image
Germany

Posted: Monday, June 1, 2015 at 11:49:56 PM | IP Logged

edited by: JoSummer on Monday, June 1, 2015 at 11:51:00 PM

Career Editor for TW 08 only

There are two GCF files related to the editor. PGAEdit is the file the career editor works with to create a season. The PGAUser file is the "patched" PGAEdit file that the game needs to run a season. Patching is necessary, because the hex structure of the file is a bit different. If you use the career editor 07 to create seasons you need to initialise the career file with TW 07 game (similar to the patching process).

Whenever you start a season all GCF files located in the default folder \Documents\Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 08\Career\GCFS\ are moved into the player career folder \Career\Player \YOUR_Player\gcfs\. Also the editor files are in the default folder, because the game loads them from there. The career process is written to the files in the \Career\Players\YOUR_Player\gcfs\ folder, e.g. Player XXX''s PGA season writes to PGA.gcf in the player folder.

About the Error:
One array of the replace function does not contain data. You may want to wait for the next test release, because I discovered a few bugs, will try to make the patching, replacing process a bit less confusing.  

JoSummer Signature

Golf-4Fun Tour

huskereuroca
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, June 2, 2015 at 12:01:11 AM | IP Logged

i'll wait for your update. Thanks!!! 

bangus
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Tuesday, June 2, 2015 at 7:40:25 AM | IP Logged

huskereurocat said:
"bangus - What files should I copy? Career folder?"

Create your custom schedule, create your golfer (face, clubs, accessories, etc.), then apply the confidence fix. Now your files are ready to be backed up. Back up the PGAUser file, plus your player folder and plr file along with your player's cal and hal files.

If you ever need to start your career over, just copy and paste those back up files in the appropriate folders.

FYI, there is an easy way to assign your newly created golfer several million dollars at the beginning of his career. That way you can purchase any and all equipment you wish, plus you will never run out of available cash needed for tourney entrance fees and travel costs. PM me if interested. 

JoSummer
General Member
No User Image
Germany

Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2015 at 6:38:46 AM | IP Logged

edited by: JoSummer on Thursday, June 4, 2015 at 10:21:00 AM

bangus said:
"[QUOTE=huskereurocat]
As Jo mentioned, I have yet to get custom seasons to work using match events. Which is fine, I prefer the standard tourneys anyway, no CPU golfers so less waiting around between shots."

Bangus is right, you should stick with Strokeplay Standard/Major tournaments. All other game types will probably cause malfunctions in TW08. Seasons with Strokeplay Tournaments/Majors created with the modified TW06 Editor usually work flawless.

Finished the v_03 version for Tiger Woods 2008, tested by JPDenny.

Download:
http://golf-4fun.org/downloads/CEditor-Helper08_v03.zip

* The hex values of Stock Courses are already part of the database file.
* Added Course Cloaking Tool

It allows to replace Standard and Major strokeplay tournament courses, also it includes a course cloaking tool. You can only teachin courses to the database that are part of a Standard or Major strokeplay tournament, all other game types are not supported.

readme.txt -> instructions to install the Career Editor files, how to create a season.
replacing_courses.txt -> if you plan to replace courses of existing player seasons. 

JoSummer Signature

Golf-4Fun Tour

kchavis
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, June 18, 2015 at 8:20:14 PM | IP Logged

Guys, I've used Career Editor Helper 08 to create a custom season in 08 and its working great. Now I want to create a custom season in TW07. Is there a TW07 Career Editor? Or do I need to use the 06 Career Editor, download 07 courses in 06, create the season in 06 and transfer the PGA User file to 07? Also, if there is a TW07 Career Editor, does it allow you to change courses throughout the season? Thanks 

huskereuroca
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Friday, June 19, 2015 at 1:11:46 AM | IP Logged

kchavis said:
"Guys, I've used Career Editor Helper 08 to create a custom season in 08 and its working great. Now I want to create a custom season in TW07. Is there a TW07 Career Editor? Or do I need to use the 06 Career Editor, download 07 courses in 06, create the season in 06 and transfer the PGA User file to 07? Also, if there is a TW07 Career Editor, does it allow you to change courses throughout the season? Thanks"

Just curious, if everything is working great in TW08 why would you wish to create a career season in TW07? Is not TW08 better in most respects? 

kchavis
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Friday, June 19, 2015 at 8:56:44 AM | IP Logged

I simply like having 2 separate seasons going....TW07 is great game as well...I tried to download the zip file for Career Editor 07 from JoSummer but its not working....how can I get it? Thanks 

bangus
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Friday, June 19, 2015 at 9:57:44 AM | IP Logged

kchavis said:
"Or do I need to use the 06 Career Editor, download 07 courses in 06, create the season in 06 and transfer the PGA User file to 07?"

That is correct. 

huskereuroca
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Friday, June 19, 2015 at 11:58:09 PM | IP Logged

kchavis said:
"I simply like having 2 separate seasons going....TW07 is great game as well...I tried to download the zip file for Career Editor 07 from JoSummer but its not working....how can I get it? Thanks"

Here is my copy, it worked fine for me. I hope that it works for you? 

File Attachment
Zip File - zip File - Click Here to Download File - 3.10 MB

shorty2127
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 2015 at 8:00:49 PM | IP Logged

I am trying to create a sample Tour. I have only included 2 tournament and have followed the instructions.

When I go to my Career schedule screen in the game, it does not let me play my tourney. A message pops up asking me to advance to the new season.

I am not sure if I have filled in my opponent folder directory in the Career Help program. 

huskereuroca
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, June 25, 2015 at 1:04:18 AM | IP Logged

shorty2127 said:
"I am trying to create a sample Tour. I have only included 2 tournament and have followed the instructions.

When I go to my Career schedule screen in the game, it does not let me play my tourney. A message pops up asking me to advance to the new season.

I am not sure if I have filled in my opponent folder directory in the Career Help program."

I know that in my sample tour I took the time to make a tournament in every month, but it sounds more like a player eligibility thing to me. When creating your season, for the first few tourneys you have to put that you want ALL players eligible or you won't get to play in them and it will just want to go to the next tourney.  

shorty2127
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Sunday, June 28, 2015 at 9:37:41 AM | IP Logged

Thanks.

I do think it is the Player file. Do you place the full directory under the Opponents line or just the name (ie PGASmall).

Page of 5
<< Prev. Page ? Next Page >>

There are 1 active members online
danec54,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Career editor in TW07/TW08 - Page 2 Loaded in 0.359 seconds
Saturday, April 27, 2024 @ 5:43:06 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.