Post Reply    New Topic  
Author  Message

Quietly
General Member
No User Image
Canada

B-Day: 12/12/1800 (223)

Posted: Friday, January 29, 2021 at 8:04:37 PM | IP Logged

A jacket and some rain pants are a good idea, not to mention a toque!

Probably should switch your golf ball to a coloured one so you can find it. 

File Attachment
Zip File - JPG File - Click Here to Download File - 144.0 KB

Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 5/5/1988 (36)

Posted: Friday, January 29, 2021 at 11:02:11 PM | IP Logged

As usual, an unbelievable job at making this game look more realistic than even the most modern golf games.  

Quietly
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Wednesday, February 3, 2021 at 11:52:59 AM | IP Logged

Playing around with the idea of releasing both a winter and autumnal version of the course.

It's quite a stark contrast between both the visuals and the playabilty of the course from one season to the next.

(hopefully the attached animated gif works) 

Quietly
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Wednesday, February 3, 2021 at 3:31:07 PM | IP Logged

At one point the hill behind the clubhouse was going to be a ski hill. I even had CLS skiers coming down the hill. It was fun to see, but with all the snow falling they were barely noticeable. So, no more skiers.

Here's another seasonal shot of 18 

Holein1
General Member
No User Image
France

Posted: Thursday, February 4, 2021 at 12:38:29 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Holein1 on Thursday, February 4, 2021 at 12:48:00 PM Added comments

Hi Quietly,

Once again, awesome work !

But now that I "know" you (LOL !), I already prepared myself for your upcoming winter course release (?), by playing at the Mountain View Country Club, the only course that I found, so far, where snow is visible all over.
As you will read in my comments, it is not nearly as nice (and natural) as your gif, but coming up with the idea and trying to design a course in 2008 was quite an achievement.

And since you mentioned the ski hills, here is a link below of the only other PC game that I play every year : "Offline Ski Challenge" (known as "Ski Challenge" before) allows you to ski down the most famous tracks on the pro circuit (Wengen, Kitzbühel, Val Gardena, Beaver Creek, etc..).

Every weekend or so, you compete just like the pros, and the weather conditions (sun, snow, ice) are determined at random.

These videos are from 2016 and show the best times for each track (along with the ski settings).

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQ4a7UfZ4Lvorag9lIkw0o3jp2oqWhnFd

I was wondering if the designing tools that they are using can be applied to golf or if it is really specific to skiing...

Cheers !

P.S. The red mark below the skier is only there as an option, so that you can see the best trajectory. In practice and/or competition, it is not there (unless you want it to be, if you follow a "ghost").
The sound of the skis and the crowd is also there... just like the galleries in golf !

Quietly
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Monday, February 15, 2021 at 10:38:32 AM | IP Logged

I've played similar ski games, but the Tiger Woods games are limited to whatever tools we already have.

Approaching the finish line. Just a few final touches and the winter and fall courses will be released.

Added some hot air balloons for golfers to chase on the back 9, holes 12-14.

Also a 'flying v' of Canada Geese taking off from the lake on #4 is kinda fun. If you stay on the tee for a few moments, they fly right by. 

File Attachment
Zip File - JPG File - Click Here to Download File - 110.9 KB

Holein1
General Member
No User Image
France

Posted: Monday, February 15, 2021 at 1:27:30 PM | IP Logged

Hi Quietly,

After reading your latest news, I can't hardly wait !

In the meantime, I do have a couple of questions for you :

1. Will the winter course have snow falling or not ? (Just need to know what to buy, LOL !)

2. I imagine the hot air balloons will only be present in the fall course, right ?

3. You said you abandoned the skiers coming down the mountain because they were not visible with the snow falling. How about a winter course, without the snow falling, but with skiers nearby ?

Cheers !

Quietly
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Monday, February 15, 2021 at 2:43:41 PM | IP Logged

Yes the balloons are only on the fall course and yes the snowfall begins on the 16th and intensifies to the 18th on the winter course.

As for the skiers, it wasn't just the falling snow. The skiers were awfully small off in the distance. I can't put them close to the golfing action because they were flat cardboard cutouts that would have looked bad up close. A blimp or a plane is fine far away because it's still big enough to be seen. 

Quietly
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Monday, February 22, 2021 at 10:14:06 AM | IP Logged

So, on to the next thing...

I've been messing around with the menus and such and am hoping to release a conversion pack, similar to the golf channel conversion, but this time with the CBS golf coverage as the template.

I'm partway through it. Overall, I think it looks pretty good, provided you don't mind the colour teal. CBS does seem to like teal in its visual overlays. 

File Attachment
Zip File - JPG File - Click Here to Download File - 81.0 KB

Quietly
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Monday, February 22, 2021 at 10:19:19 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Quietly on Monday, February 22, 2021 at 10:21:00 AM

I don''t think I completely converted the in-game menus for the golf channel conversion, but this time around it''s been finished. The overall layout is more effecient and cohesive, giving more of a broadcast feel, while providing more screen space for the golf course itself. I got rid of the player ''photo'' from the score bug, since tv broadcasts don''t show a player picture with their other info.

I borrowed the swingmeter from TW07 and modified it to fit my needs here. I think it fits the look better. 

File Attachment
Zip File - JPG File - Click Here to Download File - 117.0 KB

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (63)

Posted: Monday, February 22, 2021 at 1:48:37 PM | IP Logged

Nice work Quietly, thanks for sharing the pics. 

Quietly
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Monday, February 22, 2021 at 10:16:51 PM | IP Logged

Here's the look for the leaderboard

The conversion will also include the CBS golf theme as the menu music, and when you finish a round of a tournament and it shows the final score, you'll get the quiet Masters leaderboard music. 

File Attachment
Zip File - JPG File - Click Here to Download File - 188.1 KB

Quietly
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2021 at 12:06:57 PM | IP Logged

Here's the CBS scorecard

I may also go back and re-release the Golf Channel stuff with the fully completed on-screen menus and some additional menu music as well. 

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 10/30/1976 (47)

Posted: Wednesday, February 24, 2021 at 9:34:47 AM | IP Logged

I am speechless, you have my vote for the hall of frame.

I will tell you what since I TexModed Dustin Johnson I even got his crazy belt for 07, if you want that for 08 I will create it and send it to you. Better yet, I will send you the DJ textures and you just hard code it in to the game.

Can you fix the 07 water issue with these insane skills you have?

FYI What is that Sky Lodge Club House. I am looking for something for Crans-sur-Sierre.

Here is what I wanted to do. It is kind of crazy and maybe you could figure this out with Hex editing. I wanted to put John Daly's swing on Phil Mickekson. Tiger's Swing on Adam Scott and Ty Tryon on Justin Thomas for the 07 game.

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 10/30/1976 (47)

Posted: Wednesday, February 24, 2021 at 9:56:13 AM | IP Logged

Here is the Dustin Johnson Collection granted I still have him using the old Rocketballz driver, but that was my favorite Driver that i made.

Quietly
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Wednesday, February 24, 2021 at 11:18:09 AM | IP Logged

Thanks but I don't need the DJ stuff. I just mocked up a quick player to throw on the screenshots.

I'm not sure that much can be done with the water issues. The only thing I can think of would be using texmod to replace the water texture. You could try not only a simple replace, but also a replace where you do or do not include and alpha channel. It's the alpha that helps the game create some of the 'water' effect, so maybe replacing the water tex with a non alpha graphic or vice versa might work, but probably not.

I made the ski lodge structure from a composite of several different ski lodges so it's not a 'real' actual building. I could only make the object library using the 06 method so it's super dark. I used the CLS to superimpose the front faces of the building so it'd be properly lit. If you have either course installed, just go to 18 and turn the cls off and you'll see the dark clubhouse. 

Quietly
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Wednesday, February 24, 2021 at 9:03:15 PM | IP Logged

One last teaser pic... The CBS Golf custom course loading screen.

I hope to have the CBS menu package uploaded sometime tomorrow. 

Quietly
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Thursday, April 8, 2021 at 4:18:14 PM | IP Logged

So... I've been working on a double library, to be used for two courses. I learned something new. Apparently, you can't put more than 256 textures in a single library. After 256, the library creator stops recognizing any new textures and just applies earlier textures to any new objects. I had over 100 objects and 300+ textures associated with them and it got messed up so I had to scale it back to 104 objects and exactly 256 associated textures. 

Quietly
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Thursday, April 8, 2021 at 4:20:05 PM | IP Logged

Some of the stuff is just for my courses, but some things could be used by other desingers. Thereare some low poly vehicles for parking lots, a few hedge objects, a few tees, bridges, fences and walls along with a bunch of larger buildings and smaller houses. All with the proper lighting. 

File Attachment
Zip File - JPG File - Click Here to Download File - 144.7 KB

Quietly
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Thursday, April 8, 2021 at 4:22:30 PM | IP Logged

Apparently, the same 256 rule also applies for the architect. I had to remove the cars from my current project as the hole signs stopped rendering properly. The game thinks these objects are trees and when I added one extra tree, it tipped passed the 256 number...

Anyways, the library will be released sometime soon. 

File Attachment
Zip File - JPG File - Click Here to Download File - 134.6 KB

Page of 8
<< Prev. Page ? Next Page >>

There are 1 active members online
Gunpower61,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Upcoming Projects - Page 2 Loaded in 0.590 seconds
Wednesday, May 8, 2024 @ 9:10:23 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.