Post Reply    New Topic  
Author  Message

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 10/30/1976 (47)

Posted: Wednesday, August 24, 2016 at 8:59:35 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Hyno Designs on Wednesday, August 24, 2016 at 9:02:00 PM

Only fixed up Stenson a few days ago. He still needs a little tweaking. Just did Hideki Matsuyama as well. Working on this course and another course. The other course is wild, it is an old 06 course that was never completed and over the winter re did the back 9. Only have a few holes left. Just did the pano and it looks great. Once I get everything done will revise my tex mod custom package for 07. You can still get the package now. Players like Speith, Jason Day, Fowler, Mickelson, Zach Johnson, Dustin Johnson, Leishman, Norman, Faldo & Thomas Bjorn turned out really well... 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Thursday, August 25, 2016 at 11:07:25 AM | IP Logged

Thanks for the update Hyno :) 

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, August 25, 2016 at 12:38:49 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Hyno Designs on Thursday, August 25, 2016 at 12:51:00 PM

Here is a look at the old lost course, it was designed by bullaguard back in 06. We did a course before were he basically said what he wanted and I went an built it. This course he designed the terrain himself and than placed the holes on it. Than I made some massive changes, he didnt like them, changed some of them, left some and decided to do the course himself. Cause of the terrain and everything else the course had a lot of potential. When I went back and looked at it again, came up with some ideas to really make this course awesome. A lot of it was tweaking what we already had done. However wanted to fix many of the sloppy mistakes or errors in the design, bunker shapes, shaping, greens and a few other things. The 18th hole, you hit a 2nd shot over a massive canyon it just never looked right, so what I did was dropped the 5o foot canyon to water level and now you hit down hill in to the green and have hills all around, it is a lot better than the 06 course.

I cant recall who did what holes and so on, but I know I built hole 2, than holes 10, 14,15 & 16. Maybe something with 9. Every one of these but hole 2, just about completely re-designed. #17 was a power house par 4, didnt want to change it, cause it was 100% bullaguard, but it needed to be tweaked in a manor to not be so raw. Two of the par 3s are bullaguards, cause I know for a fact that I could never think up these kinds of holes. On the redesign, just improved them, didnt change them. Hole 2 was my own par 3, what I did was used #5 at Pine Valley as my template, so it is a desert version of Pine Valley. #16 was supposed to be like #8 on Oakmont, but I changed that up a bit with a new bunker design to the hole.

The Par 5 13th, it was a wild concept with a double fairway, however graphic wise it never fully worked, this took a lot of thought cause neither of us could get this hole right. It had a massive ditch to the left of the hole than fell in to a canyon. What I did was filled in the ditch move the green and created a wild green complex than runs up a hill. From the original design to now it was a work in progress, kind of like the photos I used above about hole #2 on Westhamption Cricket Club...However Bullaguard put this massive hill in the middle of the split fairways, and it was a cool feature that I didnt want to change, but took out the other side of being able to hit to the double fairway. It works really well and it is a really cool par 5, which you can reach in 2.

So I re-did the texture set and built a pano for the course, and did the rock texture for the off the fairway rough area. 

File Attachment
Zip File - JPG File - Click Here to Download File - 124.5 KB

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Thursday, August 25, 2016 at 12:54:15 PM | IP Logged

Thanks for sharing the pic, wooow looks very impressive, great job. 

dawg8
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 12/20/1946 (77)

Posted: Thursday, August 25, 2016 at 4:38:37 PM | IP Logged

Very nice pic Hyno. Course shold be great. Will this be for TW08 or 07 ??? 

dawg8
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 12/20/1946 (77)

Posted: Thursday, August 25, 2016 at 4:40:22 PM | IP Logged

Yes very nice pic Hyno. Will this course be for TW08 or 07 ??? 

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, August 25, 2016 at 9:14:37 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Hyno Designs on Friday, August 26, 2016 at 1:38:00 AM

It is actually an 06 course, lol....

For the desert look using the reflections bay & pinnacle troon 06 libs. It is all 06 planting, will test it in 08 and see if it runs ok, if so, will release for 07 & 08. Have not even looked to see if it works or even runs in 08.

The course was designed with these cactus and these desert bushes, you really don''t have any libs with cactus in 07 or 08.

Bullaguard planted the course, I didn''t, just have to move some stuff around that is about it. For this being the 1st course he ever worked on the planting is awesome. Most designer never get the feel for this, or have his creative talent to design just off the planet golf holes. Basically just taking this course to the next level.  

Page of 2
<< Prev. Page ? Next Page >>

There are 2 active members online
elwayed, nort2,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Old Style Fictional US Open Course? - Page 2 Loaded in 0.203 seconds
Sunday, April 28, 2024 @ 5:52:01 PM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.