Eliminating Stuttery Graphics?
Post Reply    New Topic  
Author  Message

Gordo
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 11/18/1961 (62)

Posted: Wednesday, April 1, 2015 at 6:58:17 PM | IP Logged

Thanks for the info and the help. Don't have the funds for any major upgrading right now. The RAM I got dirt cheap on ebay from China after selling a few things. Appreciate the feedback. 

Gordo
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Sunday, April 5, 2015 at 10:34:12 PM | IP Logged

Since last posting, looked a bit more into the SSD drives you mentioned and wasn't aware of the technology. Now I would need to find something compatible with my motherboard and cost effective.

Was also wondering if having a quad core was actually a disadvantage to playing an older game like TW08 versus a dual core? Heard that sometimes older games like dual over quad (sort of like how they like older vid drivers). 

Gordo
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Monday, April 6, 2015 at 2:27:56 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Gordo on Monday, April 6, 2015 at 2:33:00 PM

Addendum: in experimenting with changing to using only 2 cores, I think I found my answer. It seems to have improved how the game uses the processing power and between changing my NVIDIA 3D settings (currently using: anisotropic filters at 4x; antialiasing mode on override; antialiasing setting at 8x CSAA (tho could probably drop down to 4x); antialiasing - transparency at multisampling). This combines with most things on auto in the games visuals options, other than grass on medium, and I''m getting pretty good results I think.

Here''s a pic of how the putting greens now look... no jaggy putt lines... all smooth which makes it a bit tougher in my opinion.

One last question: when you put in the frame rate command and call it up in game, am I paying more attention to "Hole Avg FPS" on the left or "Average Frame Rate" on the right? 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Tuesday, April 7, 2015 at 6:49:31 AM | IP Logged

Good news you sorted it out Daflyboys.
Not sure about your question of the Framerates, but maybe you will find some help on link below:
http://www.coursedownloads.com/forum/posts.asp?post=7002 

Gordo
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, April 7, 2015 at 1:32:03 PM | IP Logged

Yes...I've seen that thread before which is what led me to adding the frame rate command line. Very helpful. Still waiting on my larger memory sticks which I hope will help further. 

dawg8
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 12/20/1946 (77)

Posted: Tuesday, April 7, 2015 at 4:34:12 PM | IP Logged

Dude the putting lines are smooth because you have your antialising on...turn it off...or set to application controlled in the nVidia control panel. Turning off antialising should not affect the look of TW08. 

argon
General Member
United Kingdom

B-Day: 11/26/1987 (36)

Posted: Tuesday, April 7, 2015 at 5:05:29 PM | IP Logged

edited by: argon on Tuesday, April 7, 2015 at 5:14:00 PM

I have never messed with any thing as regards graphics , I see you have a white Grid on the green , mine has always been like this , just for example this is , I used to always play Expert where there is no grid.
And it must be ok I can read the name on the Ball and Putter.
This is the best I could do for a Player Model Severiano Ballesteros in the screen shot, - down load link below
http://www.coursedownloads.com/extras/details.asp?id=796 

JoSummer
General Member
No User Image
Germany

B-Day: 8/12/1974 (49)

Posted: Wednesday, April 8, 2015 at 1:30:17 PM | IP Logged

More system RAM is always good, but 8Gb or even more RAM won't affect the game framerate. Most home users don't need more than 8Gb RAM, because there's no need, except you work with virtual machines or you need to have multiple instances of a software open at the same time - e.g. IDE's

Your CPU isn't the problem, the problem is the GTS 730 graphics card. 8x CSAA might work with some courses, but the more detailed courses will lower your framerate drastically. In some reviews of the GT 730 card it's stated that the card is minimal faster than the 5 years old GT 440 card. The GT 730 64 bit ram memory bandwith version is equal to the 440 card when it comes to speed, the 128bit version is a little bit faster.

Offtopic - there's a new shader suit available (Beta) - Reshade + MasterEffect - to add NextGen Graphics Features to older games like TW08. It's still in Beta but the results are pretty neat already.

http://reshade.me/ 

JoSummer Signature

Golf-4Fun Tour

Gordo
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Wednesday, April 8, 2015 at 10:30:37 PM | IP Logged

dawg8 said:
"Dude the putting lines are smooth because you have your antialising on...turn it off...or set to application controlled in the nVidia control panel. Turning off antialising should not affect the look of TW08."

No, you don't understand... I like the smooth. I didn't show a pic, but the jaggies on a lot of visuals are gone now.

No one saw my question under the pic I posted? 

BrucMan
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, April 9, 2015 at 10:31:11 AM | IP Logged

Jo,

I was interested in the part of your post concerning ReShade. When I ran the ReShade setup, it said that the ReShade32.dll wouldn't copy into the Tiger Woods bin file. Even if it would have copied the file, what would I need to rename it so that it would operate in the game?

Thank you both for the information and any help you can give. 

jbcalg
General Member
No User Image
Canada

B-Day: 4/1/1969 (55)

Posted: Thursday, April 9, 2015 at 12:21:45 PM | IP Logged

edited by: jbcalg on Thursday, April 9, 2015 at 12:26:00 PM

daflyboys said:
"...
One last question: when you put in the frame rate command and call it up in game, am I paying more attention to "Hole Avg FPS" on the left or "Average Frame Rate" on the right?"

depends what you''re looking for :)

Hole Avg is specific to the hole you are on
Avg FR is cumulative to how many holes you have already played

trees vs forest - one looks at the hole specifically, the other looks at the overall graphics data
pan your camera view around and you can see how it changes based on what plantings, trees, structures etc the designer uses, and the effect on FPS

fyi - i''ve never worried too much about the actual numbers as long as my game is running smooth, little or no lag,stuttering, or delays in rendering the graphics each hole or transitioning down the course etc

on my typically lower end PCs/cards, i''ve never bothered with ''maxing out'' settings, midrange has always worked fine, and when i''ve done comparisons - idon''t really see much visual difference

.... your visual acuity may vary LOL

fyi2 - i switched in a new crucial ssd 240gbdrive on a new laptop to replace the come with WD 500gb one
altho ''1/2'' the size it performs great

gotta love technology 

jbcalg Signature

========
JBCalg
Self Promotion doesnt make it so
========

JoSummer
General Member
No User Image
Germany

B-Day: 8/12/1974 (49)

Posted: Friday, April 10, 2015 at 1:44:09 AM | IP Logged

edited by: JoSummer on Friday, April 10, 2015 at 1:45:00 AM

BrucMan said:
"Jo,

I was interested in the part of your post concerning ReShade. When I ran the ReShade setup, it said that the ReShade32.dll wouldn''t copy into the Tiger Woods bin file. Even if it would have copied the file, what would I need to rename it so that it would operate in the game?

Thank you both for the information and any help you can give."

You have to rename the dll to d3d9.dll !!

I''m using Reshade + MasterEffect, there''s also Reshade + SweetFX available in the reshade sub-forums. To use MasterEffect with reshade you have to place the MasterEffect folder, the reshade 32bit d3d9.dll, the reshade.fx file and the Mastereffect.h file into the bin folder. The mastereffect.h file is the configuration file where you can activate/deactivate the effects.

Depth of field effect is accessing the DepthFrameBuffer which affects both 2d/3d, so the gui is fuzzy when you use DoF. You have to turn reshade off when you are in menus - space key is default, move the course gui a bit to the bottom. Also there''s a problem with 3-click atm, screen gets dark.

Attached my current mastereffect.h file
- changed effect key to PageUp instead Space 

File Attachment
Text File - txt File - Click Here to Download File - 34.3 KB

JoSummer Signature

Golf-4Fun Tour

Gordo
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Friday, April 10, 2015 at 1:19:24 PM | IP Logged

Ok thanks JB... then I think my frame rate is pretty good moving forward. And thanks for the tip on the HDD. Once my financial situation improves, I'll look into it. 

Page of 2
<< Prev. Page ? Next Page >>

There are 2 active members online
Gunpower61, Holein1,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Eliminating Stuttery Graphics? - Page 2 Loaded in 0.453 seconds
Monday, April 29, 2024 @ 10:09:29 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.