Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Wednesday, October 9, 2013 at 11:49:49 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Sunday, August 15, 2021 at 4:37:00 AM

This is an old post, but i repost it for new members:
There is a bug in the TW08 game, all members should do this fix.
When you played some courses you will see the loading times between holes are increasing, the game will become slower and slower.
Do next steps to solve the problem:

1) On desktop you will see the folder My Documents. Open this folder.
( when you are using Vista or Win7 or Win8 or Win10: on desktop look for folder: User (or username).....inside you will find: Documents )
2) Inside Documents look for Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2008. Open this folder and then open the folder Career
3) Inside Career open the folder Players. Inside this folder, look for your playersname folder and open it.
4) Open the folder Confidence.
5) Inside you will find these files: Hole Type.tcn and Shot Type.tcn. delete both files.
6) Important step here! Restart the TW08 game and play 1 hole on any stock course, then close TW08 game.
7) Go back to same Confidence folder and you will see both files are regenerated: but now they are very small in size. Now right click the Hole Type.tcn file and choose Properties.
Check the box next to Read Only and click OK. Now do the same thing for the Shot Type.tcn file.

dawg8
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 12/20/1946 (77)

Posted: Wednesday, October 9, 2013 at 5:05:48 PM | IP Logged

edited by: dawg8 on Wednesday, October 21, 2015 at 6:23:00 PM

Hi Gunpower61(Pat)

Thanks for reposting this I''m sure it has, and does help alot
of folks.

dawg8 

Patsy
General Member
No User Image
Australia

B-Day: 2/9/1980 (44)

Posted: Friday, October 25, 2013 at 12:21:37 PM | IP Logged

Many thanks for this - I had completely forgotten the procedure. 

Instigatordj
General Member
No User Image
South Africa

Posted: Friday, December 27, 2013 at 6:23:36 AM | IP Logged

You should always, once this is done back this entire Tiger Woods folder up.
If you ever re-install just copy the folder to your documents folder and it will still have the read only attributes on these files. 

smarshallt
General Member
Canada

Posted: Thursday, November 6, 2014 at 12:59:06 PM | IP Logged

Quick question on the confidence fix.. when I do this, the files don't seem to stay as read only files when I change the properties.. They seem to revert back. I'm on Win 7. Am I missing a step to make the change permanent?

Thanks, 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Thursday, November 6, 2014 at 2:34:21 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Thursday, November 6, 2014 at 2:37:00 PM

That is strange, not sure why that happens.
When it is not working just delete both files in the Confidence folder once every week ( Hole Type.tcn and Shot Type.tcn ), and you should be ok. 

djredick
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 3/9/1966 (58)

Posted: Thursday, November 20, 2014 at 5:52:12 PM | IP Logged

smarshallt said:
"Quick question on the confidence fix.. when I do this, the files don't seem to stay as read only files when I change the properties.. They seem to revert back. I'm on Win 7. Am I missing a step to make the change permanent?

Thanks,"

Is UAC (User Account Control) on? Is your Windows account an administrator?

If yes to the first, and no to the second, that would account for that, I believe.

My UAC is OFF, and my Windows account is an admin (sorry Bill, but I WON'T allow YOU to control MY computer!) 

smarshallt
General Member
Canada

Posted: Saturday, November 22, 2014 at 4:53:49 PM | IP Logged

Thanks djredick,

My account is an admin account but my UAC was not set to off. I changed this setting, made the confidence file fix, went back in and played a couple more holes and so far so good. Maybe that was it.. 

dawg8
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 12/20/1946 (77)

Posted: Sunday, June 26, 2016 at 4:46:39 PM | IP Logged

Thanks for the repost Pat. I do remember to check this every now and then. But it is
always great to be reminded. Great admin work from a great site. THANKS again Pat. 

Deepblue
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Thursday, September 15, 2016 at 3:58:10 PM | IP Logged

Thank you for info on TW2008 bug that slows down game between holes and the remedy. Works for me. Awesome! 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Wednesday, October 7, 2020 at 11:25:52 AM | IP Logged

This is an old post, but i repost it for new members:
There is a bug in the TW08 game, all members should do this fix after a new install of TW08.
When you played some courses you will see the loading times between holes are increasing, the game will become slower and slower.
Do next steps to solve the problem:

1) On desktop you will see the folder My Documents. Open this folder.
( when you are using Vista or Win7 or win8 or win10: on desktop look for folder: User (or username).....inside you will find: Documents )
2) Inside (My) documents look for Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2008. Open this folder and then open the folder Career
3) Inside Career open the folder Players. Inside this folder, look for your playersname folder and open it.
4) Open the folder Confidence.
5) Inside you will find these files: Hole Type.tcn and Shot Type.tcn. delete both files.
6) Important step here! Restart the TW08 game and play 1 hole on any stock course, then close TW08 game.
7) Go back to same Confidence folder and you will see both files are regenerated: but now they are very small in size.
Now right click the Hole Type.tcn file and choose Properties. Check the box next to Read Only and click OK.
Now do the same thing for the Shot Type.tcn file.  

eamonn dowd
General Member
No User Image
Ireland

Posted: Wednesday, March 10, 2021 at 5:54:57 AM | IP Logged

This cure works a treat.Many thanks for the help 

There are 1 active members online
wpb52,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Speed up TW08 - Page 1 Loaded in 0.514 seconds
Friday, March 29, 2024 @ 8:40:52 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.