Author  Message

Ho3n3r
General Member
No User Image
South Africa

B-Day: 1/10/1986 (38)

Posted: Friday, July 16, 2010 at 7:38:03 AM | IP Logged

Good Day.

Been a while since I've posted here, as I haven't had issues with the game.

However, now that I installed Windows 7 up from XP, I am getting a very odd problem: when playing my first round - even when loading it - it is fine. However, as soon as I finish or quit a round to return to the main menu, it just gives me a black screen. However, the mouse can be moved and its icon is the TW 08 hand, so it's still in the game.

Also, the sound plays in the background, and whenever I move the mouse around, it makes the normal click sound asif I am scrolling over actual menu Items, however I cannot see them. Clicking on one doesn't bring the picture back either.

What I've already tried:
1. Run the exe in Administrator Mode
2. Run the exe in both Vista and XP modes
3. Turn off the sound in-game
4. Clicked the 'Disable composite Desktop' or something like that in the 'Compatibility' tab of the exe
5. Used the /NOINTRO on the exe
6. Used various resloutions

However, none of these worked. Has anybody else experienced this, and have a fix for it?

My specs:
Nvidia Geforce 9600GT 1024MB
Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66GHz Processor
2GB DDR2-800 RAM
465GB HDD (+-340GB free space atm)

Thanks in advance! 

JSJarvis
Site Admin
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 10/19/1971 (52)

Posted: Friday, July 16, 2010 at 8:22:34 AM | IP Logged

The first thing I would say is to make sure you are running the latest video drivers for your NVidia card.

Are you always running the game in the XP or Vista compatibility mode? I also run TW08 on Win 7 and haven't had to run mine in either mode. TW08 should run fine within Win 7 without having to run in a compatibility mode.

Are any other programs running in the background when you are playing?

What default resolution are you running on your desktop and what resolution are you playing within the game? 

Ho3n3r
General Member
No User Image
South Africa

Posted: Friday, July 16, 2010 at 8:30:01 AM | IP Logged

JSJarvis said:
"The first thing I would say is to make sure you are running the latest video drivers for your NVidia card.

Are you always running the game in the XP or Vista compatibility mode? I also run TW08 on Win 7 and haven't had to run mine in either mode. TW08 should run fine within Win 7 without having to run in a compatibility mode.

Are any other programs running in the background when you are playing?

What default resolution are you running on your desktop and what resolution are you playing within the game?"

Thank you for the speedy reply!

It is the very latest drivers, yes.

At first I was not running in any compatibility mode, changing those were only part of the remedial process. I have also changed it back since.

I am running programs in the background, only those that start up with Windows though, e.g. SQL Server 2005. However, this can't be the problem as it was running with XP as well. Also AVG Free was running, but disabling it didn't change anything either - forgot to add that to my original list.

What I have also tried is a complete uninstall and re-install, which didn't do the trick either.

My desktop is 1024 X 768 which is exactly the same as the resolution I'm running in the game.

Any suggestions?

Thanks! 

Ho3n3r
General Member
No User Image
South Africa

Posted: Monday, July 19, 2010 at 9:02:19 AM | IP Logged

Fixed! Did the simplest thing of all which I didn't think of - uninstalled my drivers and re-installed them. Don't even need the /NOINTRO fix anymore.

Just wondering why the drivers caused problems in the first place. 

JSJarvis
Site Admin
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 10/19/1971 (52)

Posted: Monday, July 19, 2010 at 9:08:14 AM | IP Logged

Glad it was a simple fix. I kept scratching my head on what else it could be and wasn't coming up with anything. Glad you are up and running. 

Ho3n3r
General Member
No User Image
South Africa

Posted: Monday, July 19, 2010 at 9:17:13 AM | IP Logged

Yes I was also pondering all sorts and just kinda did random things, then decided maybe drivers will do... So glad it did! 

There are 1 active members online
zutor,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - TW 08: Black Screen when returning to menu - Page 1 Loaded in 0.235 seconds
Tuesday, May 21, 2024 @ 1:59:26 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.