Post Reply    New Topic  
Author  Message

Jimbo63
General Member
No User Image
England

B-Day: 7/30/1947 (76)

Posted: Wednesday, July 1, 2009 at 4:11:18 PM | IP Logged

I am currently playing TW 2004-2008 in Windows XP. If I update to Vista is anyone aware of any problems which might occur. With the arrival of Windows 7 has anyone played any courses in the Beta version. Any comments would be very much appreciated. Best regards Jimbo63  

ivamajorwood
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 2/10/1979 (45)

Posted: Wednesday, July 1, 2009 at 4:33:37 PM | IP Logged

I HAD Vista on my machine, and then took it off because I disliked it so much. I then put XP Pro back on. I think the only performance issues I had were when it came to designing courses (if you're into that). You can't compile your course from the Course Architect in Vista. I would design my course on Vista, transfer the .tcr (or .tcl, I cant remember which) file to my laptop, which is running XP, then transfer the file back over to my Vista machine to play it in the game. Now that I have XP back on my desktop, I have no worried :) 

nuttywoody
Course Staff
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Wednesday, July 1, 2009 at 8:02:40 PM | IP Logged

There is another thread here somewhere from a Windows 7 user who had good things to say about the built-in virtual machine. NOTE: I read an article last Friday announcing that Microsoft will be offering pre-orders of Windows 7 through popular vendors at a drastically discounted price of $50.

I would not assume that Windows 7 will have the same issues with CA as Vista does. Also, there are many designers sucessfully using Virtual Machine under Vista to design and compile courses. It's pretty darn esy - it must be, because I figured it out without too much effort. 

nuttywoody
Course Staff
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Wednesday, July 1, 2009 at 10:45:51 PM | IP Logged

edited by: nuttywoody on Wednesday, July 1, 2009 at 10:46:00 PM

Heres a link to dons thread...

http://www.coursedownloads.com/forum/posts.asp?post=7311 

Jimbo63
General Member
No User Image
England

B-Day: 7/30/1947 (76)

Posted: Thursday, July 2, 2009 at 6:45:42 AM | IP Logged

Thanks for your replies. The virtual machine aspect sounds interesting. Unfortunately the 49 dollar price tag is only for the USA, in the UK it looks like anyone using XP will have to pay approx 79 pounds sterling for Windows 7 Home Premium edition, if they order in advance of release date. Or we can update to Vista for a similar amount and get a free upgrade to Windows 7, once it is released. I think I will wait and see how Windows 7 works out before purchasing. Best regards, Jimbo63. 

There are 1 active members online
Billlovesgolf,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Updating to Windows Vista/Windows 7 - Page 1 Loaded in 0.156 seconds
Saturday, May 18, 2024 @ 11:55:10 PM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.