What's this? Is it TW10 for PC?
Post Reply    New Topic    New Topic  
Author  Message

Goro
General Member
No User Image
Japan

Posted: Friday, May 29, 2009 at 10:29:14 AM | IP Logged

edited by: TruBluMich on Monday, June 15, 2009 at 5:55:00 PM Moved from General forum to Discuss Tiger Woods Pga Tour 2010 Online forum

Soooooo disappointed! 

Goro
General Member
No User Image
Japan

Posted: Friday, May 29, 2009 at 10:32:22 AM | IP Logged

Sorry, I'm so disappointed that I forgot to paste the adress.
http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/47478/EA-Announces-PC-Only-Tiger-Woods-PGA-Tour-Online-Browser-Game 

playaut316
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 7/5/1985 (38)

Posted: Friday, May 29, 2009 at 11:40:55 AM | IP Logged

Yeah I don't know what to think about it.  

JSJarvis
Site Admin
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 10/19/1971 (52)

Posted: Friday, May 29, 2009 at 1:37:28 PM | IP Logged

You can always try signing up for the beta to see if you get selected. Then you would get a chance to see what it is like.

See Randy Chase's post on Twitter: http://twitter.com/goose875 

bangus
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Friday, May 29, 2009 at 4:35:40 PM | IP Logged

Hang on here... Does this mean TW 10 for the PC isn't being released on disk? That it will be an online-only game? That can't be. 

playaut316
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Friday, May 29, 2009 at 4:52:38 PM | IP Logged

Before I realized that I almost got coursedownloads.com in trouble monday, I had posted this.

http://kotaku.com/5270042/tiger-woods-pc-and-mac-will-no-longer-come-on-a-disc
That link did point to an article detailing 2010's version of TW. It was posted at about 11:30am Est today. About 20 minutes later it was taken off of Kotaku's website. No fear cause I read the article thoroughly and have all the details.

- The game will not be on a disc or be downloaded. The game experience will be streamed to your computer via internet connection. Similar to Battlefield Heroes (also EA).

- The game will be cheap. But, it will require a monthly subscription fee.

- EA will make the real money with disgusting micro-transactions. Real world money for clubs, clothes, and possibly mulligans. Confirmed by EA's Chief Operating Officer John Pleasants here (http://kotaku.com/5161271/would-you-play-an-onlinetiger-woods-game-with-microtransactions)

- The game ships with a normal sized roster of golfers and 6 courses (yeah 6)

- On the plus side, the game will be updated weekly with new tournaments and monthly with new features.

- The graphics are suppose to be as good as the console version of 2010.

- You will be able to have a created player that gains stats and attributes.

Nothing was said about the actual gameplay, other than support for a gamepad was going to be programmed in. I don't really know how to think about this. I'm like 50-50 right now. The micro-transactions seem really disheartening to me. Again though, this story was pulled down from kotaku about 20 minutes after being posted. I'm trying to get in contact with the site's editor to get more info on the why it was pulled and gather a little more info on the game itself. 

Munroco
General Member
No User Image
Scotland

Posted: Friday, May 29, 2009 at 5:00:46 PM | IP Logged

PC Players get shafted again by EA :( 

Munroco Signature

From Carnoustie, the REAL home of golf.

bangus
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Friday, May 29, 2009 at 7:36:22 PM | IP Logged

Good lord, this is unbelivable. What a joke. I don't play online; never have. Guess I can at least be happy TW 08 is a great game. I'll be sticking with that. 

JSJarvis
Site Admin
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Friday, May 29, 2009 at 8:34:11 PM | IP Logged

edited by: JSJarvis on Friday, May 29, 2009 at 8:35:00 PM

I love how much complaining is already being done without anyone actually having seen the game. Ive sat back for years now and heard about how the players are so ticked off because EA isnt listening to what they want in a game and they keep cranking out the same old game year after year. Now EA is completely revamping the game, creating one in an online environment which can be easily updated for any and all bugs that are found, online tournaments, etc. and the remarks that are coming out (;from one or two very short articles) are that the PC people are getting the shaft again. Before people jump on the bandwagon about how bad this is supposedly going to be, how about we wait for more information to come out and how about people actually try the game before saying how bad it is or is going to be? 

Kanga
General Member
No User Image
Australia

B-Day: 2/3/1963 (61)

Posted: Friday, May 29, 2009 at 8:40:19 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Kanga on Friday, May 29, 2009 at 8:57:00 PM posted at same time as jeff

Without all the details its a little early to comment. Thanks for posting that though.

Edit - posted at the same time JS, what you said. From what Ive heard so far the game itself is a significant improvement on the current version. It looks like a complete revamp from what Ive seen. Im not upset to see theyve gone with the horizontal swing meter on this version. The concept of paying real money for clubs/mulligans etc appals me but until we have the whole story and we know what the monthly subscription will cost we cant really say if its a good or a bad thing.  

bangus
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Friday, May 29, 2009 at 8:53:42 PM | IP Logged

"...how about people actually try the game before saying how bad it is or is going to be?

That bit of advice doesn't do me any good, seeing I don't play online. Regardless of the game's quality, complaints about the lack of a disk version are completely understandable and justified. This will be a huge disappointment for many long-time PC gamers, including and in particular those who like to design and play user-created courses.  

JSJarvis
Site Admin
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Friday, May 29, 2009 at 9:03:15 PM | IP Logged

edited by: JSJarvis on Friday, May 29, 2009 at 9:08:00 PM

EA has not released any info regarding whether custom courses will or will not be part of this game. None of the articles that have been posted specifically mention it either. People are just jumping to conclusions that they will not be available...information that cannot be substantiated anywhere yet. Also, just because the game is going to be online does not mean that you cannot play individually. EA would be stupid to remove that option. Again, nowhere in any of the articles does it say this has been taken away.

Personally, TW is the only disc based PC game that I own anymore. All other games that I play have either gone to downloadable versions or are online. When I go to places like Best Buy or Gamestop the PC game section continues to grow smaller and smaller. Most games are moving online and it looks like EA has found a way to continue to PC game in that fashion. In fact they are even bringing more Mac players in by making it available online. PC and Mac players will be able to play the same game now.

Will this game be different? Yes it will. But come on...lets at least wait until more info comes out before we all go moping around. If after more info comes out you dont like it and want to stick with TW08 or some earlier version, that is fine. But at least let more info come out first rather than jumping to conclusions. I just have a feeling that EA has been listening and has some interesting things in store with this new game. 

Kanga
General Member
No User Image
Australia

B-Day: 2/3/1963 (61)

Posted: Friday, May 29, 2009 at 9:05:32 PM | IP Logged

bangus said:
""...how about people actually try the game before saying how bad it is or is going to be?

That bit of advice doesn't do me any good, seeing I don't play online. Regardless of the game's quality, complaints about the lack of a disk version are completely understandable and justified. This will be a huge disappointment for many long-time PC gamers, including and in particular those who like to design and play user-created courses."

Bangus, if EA announce a multi-tiered subscription where you could play the game, on your own, through a browser for $1 a month you'd be happy right? Like I said, until we see the subscription cost how can we comment? Wait til we have the full details.  

bangus
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Friday, May 29, 2009 at 9:21:50 PM | IP Logged

Kanga, I don't play online, so it just isn't something I'd be interested in, regardless of the cost. I understand it's fine for those who do play online, so my "What a joke" comment was probably inappropriate. But no doubt many gamers have been looking for a new offline version of the game to play and tinker with, and I'm just saying that crowd -- which includes myself -- will understandably be disappointed. 

playaut316
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Friday, May 29, 2009 at 11:30:21 PM | IP Logged

edited by: playaut316 on Friday, May 29, 2009 at 11:30:00 PM

I feel the game will be great to play. No doubt. But 6 courses??? Really? And you know we wont be able to play custom courses. Cause, theyll sell add on course packs to us with those crap micro-transactions. So one guy that spends 20 a month on items will beat the guy paying a few bucks a month on items. So those of us spending the bare minimum to play will get shafted with the crap clubs. All the while Moneybags will be loaded with stats.  

Squirrely
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 11/30/1969 (54)

Posted: Friday, May 29, 2009 at 11:40:29 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Squirrely on Friday, May 29, 2009 at 11:41:00 PM

Dont know all the details, but I sure hope the custom courses are going to be there for the community. It doesnt matter what EA does with the new TW, it will be a HUGE disappointment for me if the custom courses arent there. I would rather stick with TW 2008 with custom courses than than play TW 2010 with EA stock courses. Sorry if this may sound like Im sore about things, but its just the way I feel about it.

Plus, Im tired of having to pay the price for what these darn pirates & bootleggers do, and then we honest people who pay for things get shafted. I understand that the companies have to protect themselves with no disk or going to downloading games through Internet, but why cant they just make it like the consoles games. Make it where you have to have the disk in the drive to play the game, and no downloading the game to the hard drive. I dont understand computers to well, but wouldnt this stop people from stealing games, and it just burns me up knowing that many of these companies are going consoles gaming because of the stealing that goes on with PC games.
Thanks for all that pirates........... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Time will tell, but anyone with a voice in the TW 2010 beta, stick up for us TW fans, and give them heck for what the community wants....... :P

Thanks
Squirrely

CarnoustieTW
General Member
No User Image
Scotland

B-Day: 5/16/1959 (64)

Posted: Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 12:56:23 AM | IP Logged

the only thing we know for sure is that its an online based game,EA has not released any info about the number of stock courses on startup nothing about custom courses nothing about cost,I understand players being op`ed about online only but that is the way most PC games are going to be in the future. 

playaut316
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 1:18:29 AM | IP Logged

CarnoustieTW said:
"the only thing we know for sure is that its an online based game,EA has not released any info about the number of stock courses on startup nothing about custom courses nothing about cost,I understand players being op`ed about online only but that is the way most PC games are going to be in the future."

http://kotaku.com/5270042/tiger-woods-pc-and-mac-will-no-longer-come-on-a-disc

Six courses. Please Ea let us use custom courses. Cause six just won't do. And don't dare charge us for those extra courses. 

DivotMaker
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 1:47:09 AM | IP Logged

JSJarvis said:
"I love how much complaining is already being done without anyone actually having seen the game. Ive sat back for years now and heard about how the players are so ticked off because EA isnt listening to what they want in a game and they keep cranking out the same old game year after year. Now EA is completely revamping the game, creating one in an online environment which can be easily updated for any and all bugs that are found, online tournaments, etc. and the remarks that are coming out (from one or two very short articles) are that the PC people are getting the shaft again. Before people jump on the bandwagon about how bad this is supposedly going to be, how about we wait for more information to come out and how about people actually try the game before saying how bad it is or is going to be?"

Exactly...thanks JS! 

DivotMaker Signature

Asus Maximus Formula X38 / C2D E6850 / 4 GB DDR 6400 / ATI HD 4870 X2 / WD Raptor 150 GB / Viewsonic VX2835 28 1080p / Logitech Digital 5500 / Vista 32

DivotMaker
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 1:55:37 AM | IP Logged

playaut316 said:
"I feel the game will be great to play. No doubt. But 6 courses??? Really? And you know we wont be able to play custom courses. Cause, theyll sell add on course packs to us with those crap micro-transactions. So one guy that spends 20 a month on items will beat the guy paying a few bucks a month on items. So those of us spending the bare minimum to play will get shafted with the crap clubs. All the while Moneybags will be loaded with stats."

playaut316 said:
"http://kotaku.com/5270042/tiger-woods-pc-and-mac-will-no-longer-come-on-a-disc

Six courses. Please Ea let us use custom courses. Cause six just won't do. And don't dare charge us for those extra courses."

There sure is a great deal of wild speculation going on here. You are just now getting the official announcement that EA is coming out with a completely new PC version of TW. And already some are throwing stones at the information without having all the facts. THis game is still in early beta and EA is going to take their time developing this game BASED UPON USER FEEDBACK. This game was designed with USER FEEDBACK in mind. There are many questions that as of yet do not have answers. EA has a strategy for the micro transactions that sounds very fair to end users and they also have a strategy for courses in the game. I am not at liberty to discuss this, but lets just say that EA does not intend for TW Online to be limited to 6 courses. The game would FAIL if that was all they had planned.

My recommendation to you all is to try not to read between the lines of a press release and by all means don't jump to conclusions about the game because what information EA has released so far is the very tip of the iceberg. I was dead serious when I stated that my "jaw dropped" when I saw what EA's full strategy for TW Online is. Trust me, there is alot more to the game than what you have heard so far.  

DivotMaker Signature

Asus Maximus Formula X38 / C2D E6850 / 4 GB DDR 6400 / ATI HD 4870 X2 / WD Raptor 150 GB / Viewsonic VX2835 28 1080p / Logitech Digital 5500 / Vista 32

Page of 9
<< Prev. Page ? Next Page >>

There are 1 active members online
jonbuk,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - What's this? Is it TW10 for PC? - Page 1 Loaded in 0.797 seconds
Friday, March 29, 2024 @ 8:22:33 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.