CourseDownloads.com Logo
Welcome Guest - Login | Register
 Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Tiger Woods PGA Tour(R) 08 Has stopped working - Page 1

Menu:  Tiger Woods Forum : General
Tiger Woods PGA Tour(R) 08 Has stopped working
Post Reply    New Topic    New Topic  
Author  Message

LoneKnight
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 at 12:39:42 PM | IP Logged

A problem caused this program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

I have gotten this message for the last two weeks when I have tried to go online. The rest of the components have all worked, except for the fact that the holes load VERY slow during offline play. I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling online components as well as the whole game.

Anyone have any ideas? 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 at 1:24:04 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 at 1:30:00 PM

Hi....
You already did a full virus scan ?
It is also possible your firewall is blocking TW08 online play.
You have to allow TW08 online game in your firewall:
TW2008.exe, ATLJabber.exe, and SportsWrapper.exe all need permission

You can also try to do a windows system restore (; a restore point to a previous date ).

There is also a fix about slow loading between holes in TW08/

When you start playing TW08 game, it is important to know there is a bug in the game:
When you played some courses you will see the loading times between holes are increasing, the game will become slower and slower.
Do next steps to solve the problem:

On desktop you will see folder: My documents........
inside look for: Tiger woods PGA tour 2008....and inside go to folder: Career.
Inside Career go to folder: Players.......and inside look for your playersname folder.
Now you will see folder: Confidence.....and inside you will find files:
Hole Type.tcn......and.....Shot type.tcn
Now right click both files (; hole.tcn +Shot type.tcn) and delete both files.
When you did this: restart TW08 game and play 1 hole on any course and close TW08 game.
Go back to same confidence folder and you will see both files are regenerated: but now they are very small size (; 85kb or something like that) Now right click both files (; Type.tcn......and.....Shot type.tcn) and choose : Properties....and check box: READ ONLY. Do this for both files. 

LoneKnight
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Monday, November 10, 2008 at 10:22:44 PM | IP Logged

Have done full virus scans, nothing there. Checked firewall and files mentioned are in "allow" mode. Completely dumped Caddie, TW2008 , and reloaded. Still have same problem. Can play in every other mode except for going online. Not sure what to do next..........call nowwhat.com?

LoneKnight
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Monday, November 10, 2008 at 10:24:20 PM | IP Logged

P.S. Loaded program on another computer that has XP.....everything works just fine there. Have Vista on the one with the anomaly. 

CarnoustieTW
General Member
No User Image
Scotland

B-Day: 5/16/1959 (64)

Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 at 1:53:47 PM | IP Logged

what type of video card and driver version? 

TruBluMich
Site Admin
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 9/11/1978 (45)

Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 at 5:37:05 PM | IP Logged

Just for the record you do not have to include an atachemnt everytime you post in the forum. Please only attach images or files relevant to your post. 

TruBluMich Signature

Thank you for visiting CourseDownloads.com

LoneKnight
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 at 7:59:57 PM | IP Logged

I have the right video card NVidia GeForce 6150SE. Let me reiterate something here. Game has been working fine up until one day when I got this message

CarnoustieTW
General Member
No User Image
Scotland

B-Day: 5/16/1959 (64)

Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 at 9:40:48 PM | IP Logged

edited by: CarnoustieTW on Tuesday, November 11, 2008 at 10:35:00 PM

NVidia GeForce 6150SE is not a video card,its an embeded video chip on your motherboard and is not supported by the game.
It`s hit and miss with onboard video chips,the game might work for a while and if it does stop working there is no surefire way to get it back,sorry there is no real soloution to you problem.

LoneKnight
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 at 9:51:05 PM | IP Logged

The only mode I can't play in is online. That is where the problem is. All the other OFFLINE modes are fine. 

LoneKnight
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 at 11:51:33 AM | IP Logged

My guess is that noone has an answer to this problem I have encountered. THank you for at least looking and trying. 

jmeier
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 8/1/1964 (59)

Posted: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 at 4:45:28 AM | IP Logged

The loading slowly between holes is a well documented problem that you can find by searching. Search for Confidence Folder. More than likely your not be ing able to play online is caused by a problem with your flash player which is what the game uses for the online part of the application. There is a flash distribution of the dvd for the game. You should be able to remove/uninistall and then reinstall from there. There was an update to Adobe Flash about 2 weeks ago, that is more than likely what is causing your problem, that or one of the many vista updates as well. 

jmeier Signature

Tour Manager and Design Manager of the CGX Tour, the best place online for PGA Style tournament play on custom courses. Often imitated, never duplicated.

LoneKnight
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 at 2:13:48 PM | IP Logged

Is there any way to bypass the Vista updates? Just for grins and giggles, I uploaded the game on a computer that has XP and everything was okay. 

LoneKnight
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 at 2:44:13 PM | IP Logged

What is it with a system that has Vista on it? 

Otto Kriete
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 12/1/1953 (70)

Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 at 7:15:58 PM | IP Logged

In your case... my guess is...... you don't have enough RAM. Vista is a notorious memory hog, and , since you don't have a real graphics adapter ( as Carnoustie pointed out to you ), your graphics CHIP is totally reliant upon your system RAM to provide it with enough memory for the game. Now, while all this would be fine in the 07 version ( the 6150 chip ran that version pretty well, actually), the 08 version is a different animal. Unless you're using Vista 64 ( which would present a whole new set of problems for you with this game....),AND have more than 3 Gigs of RAM, you don't have enough graphics power to play online.

Then, again...... I could be completely wrong...........

Otto 

LoneKnight
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, November 27, 2008 at 2:37:10 AM | IP Logged

THe game was running on this system just fine up until one particular day. I have more RAM than I know what to do with. As mentioned before, all modes EXCEPT for online play are just fine. The question still remains: Why can I no longer play ONLINE? By the way, I have 3 gigs of RAM. 

R0Bkh
General Member
No User Image
United Kingdom

B-Day: 9/26/1959 (64)

Posted: Thursday, November 27, 2008 at 3:20:45 AM | IP Logged

From your original post in this thread the error message you receive indicates a windows issue, try to think back to when it first happened and if you installed or updated anything and your problem could be there,sorry I cant help any more than that but its not a known issue with Tiger Woods. 

R0Bkh Signature

Thanks for visiting CourseDownloads.com

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Saturday, March 21, 2009 at 12:29:48 PM | IP Logged

You can try to uninstall and reinstall the online components seperate ( no need to uninstall TW08 game ):

When you want to uninstall....and reinstall online components:

To uninstall online components:
go to folder: ea sports online
C:\Program Files\EA SPORTS\EA SPORTS online
inside you will see icon: Easouninstaller
Click: Easouninstaller icon , and online components will be removed

To reinstall online components:

Go to your DVD drive with TW08 game......right click DVD drive and choose: Browse or explore
(Or dubble click DVD drive )
Now on TW08 DVD look for folder: Common Easo
Inside Common Easo folder, you will see: Easo installer
Dubble click: Easo installer........and online components will be reinstalled.  

kstarlin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 3/3/1959 (65)

Posted: Tuesday, April 5, 2011 at 3:44:49 PM | IP Logged

I had the same issue. I had to use system restore to go back to a point where I knew it worked. Then I had to uninstall and reinstall. Works again after that. I also turned off automatic updates for windows, so I could see which one caused the problem. 

Chaquan
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Monday, May 16, 2011 at 2:42:22 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Chaquan on Wednesday, June 6, 2012 at 12:22:00 AM

Search Folders confidence. You can not be more likely to ING Group is to play online with your Flash player, which is part of the game on-line application due to the use....
I believe most of us has watched so many Women leather shoes and almost all of them are pretty fashion and beautiful, so in order to choose the best shoes online, we have to gain more experience on CWMALLS. 

There are 2 active members online
Gunpower61, southside,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Tiger Woods PGA Tour(R) 08 Has stopped working - Page 1 Loaded in 0.441 seconds
Friday, April 26, 2024 @ 11:37:37 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.