Topic Locked  
Author  Message

TruBluMich
Site Admin
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 9/11/1978 (45)

Posted: Saturday, May 8, 2004 at 2:27:35 AM | IP Logged

To the 3 people who found it neccessary over the last couple days to sabotage course ratings, an signing up a total of 4 times each....thank you very much for showing us our rating and registration system wasnt perfect, now you gave us more work...Kinda makes me wonder why were spending almost 10 hours a day getting the new server ready...thanks for the gratitude.

Also the 22 courses effected by this very immature act I have edited your course ratings to show show what it would have been w/o those votes. One more note to one of the responsible parties I also took the liberty of editng your courses with the votes you gave.

Desingers do not start emailing us telling us that your rating was sabotaged, we know exactly which courses were sabotaged and they have been fixed, we anticipate a few all 1 votes, what happened this time is an exception and not a rule. 

TruBluMich Signature

Thank you for visiting CourseDownloads.com

Topic Locked

AJthePro
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 10/1/1980 (43)

Posted: Sunday, May 9, 2004 at 11:45:37 PM | IP Logged

We are reworking the course rating system on the new server. The ratings wont be available there until we come up with a better system. 

Topic Locked

TruBluMich
Site Admin
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Monday, May 10, 2004 at 10:10:01 AM | IP Logged

In terms of a rating from 5 - 10 that wouldnt change anything as people would feel a 5 would be just like getting a 1. There really is no way to fool proof a rating system....we can record IP addresses but not everyone has static IPs and we can force people to be a member to vote, but taht doesnt stop people from registering more then one acct. anyone has any ideas let us know our ears are open. 

TruBluMich Signature

Topic Locked

TruBluMich
Site Admin
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Monday, May 10, 2004 at 8:42:03 PM | IP Logged

TWCs system is a nice system.

The issue is not the ones if someone wants to give a course a one that is entirely up to them, same goes for courses getting all 10s that dont deserve antyhing higher then a 6. The main issue is how can we stop players from registering more then one screen name for purposes of voting. I also dont think its fair to hurt a rating if say JOE SMITH rates course consistenly at 7 on an avg...if we set up a sliding scale for each member based off thier normal voting habits then if DUMB AZZ comes along and starts voting all 1s then hes actually giving that course all 10s...wwith this scenario if Joe Smith gives course a 8 it means ALOT more then if DUMB AZZ gives the course a one...One other thing is we can take staff ratings and CERTIFIED members votes more into the ranting then DUMB AZZ votes. One thing is deffinet we will not be having a Highest Rated page....this promotes competetion between the courses and the ratings are only ment to give players a good understading of how players feel bout the course.

ANyone out there a Rocket Sceintist....we may need your help before this is done. 

TruBluMich Signature

Topic Locked

AJthePro
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 10/1/1980 (43)

Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 at 10:05:04 AM | IP Logged

I think leaving a stamp of who voted would lead to a biased vote since they dont want to upset the architect or other users. Thats why weve wanted to stear clear of it. On the other hand, I have seen a more statistics based voting algorithm in use out there which takes into account users voting trends. In a nutshell, if they vote ALL of the courses 1s, their 1s will have little to no affect on the courses ratings.
Some of you have even brought this up before and the more I think about it the more I like it. It would take care of the idiots that vote all 1s and those generous folks handing out all 10s.

AJ

Topic Locked

Putt
General Member
No User Image
United Kingdom

Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 at 10:11:34 AM | IP Logged

What about disregarding highest and lowest marks.,ie,when a course reaches 15 votes (the number required for the highest rated list) then the two highest and lowest marks are not used., 30 votes then the three highest and lowest marks are not used.,and so forth. 

Topic Locked

TruBluMich
Site Admin
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Wednesday, May 12, 2004 at 4:26:38 PM | IP Logged

Great Ideas! I like both Steves and Putts ideas removing a certain amount of votes from top and bottom would get rid of the all 10s unless the course has several and the all 1s...as for the feedback that steve suggested I think we can fit that in somewhere as well. 

TruBluMich Signature

Topic Locked

jimi
General Member
No User Image
Netherlands

Posted: Saturday, March 14, 2009 at 5:07:28 PM | IP Logged

Not that it bothers me much, but I noticed how my latest course went from 5 to 3 stars in a matter of minutes within a few hours of uploading. Since I don't think any more than two people will have rated in such a short time, it makes sense to figure that one rated it a 5 and the other a 1. I am not that interested in the opinion of the person who gave me 5 stars, because it is rather obvious. If someone else thinks he should give it the lowest possible rating however, I would like to hear why. It seems no more than reasonable to me. A lack of courage may be involved. Maybe this chicken ought to dare and cross the road :D 

Topic Locked

There are 2 active members online
Legend, mr2,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Course Ratings.... - Page 1 Loaded in 0.453 seconds
Friday, March 29, 2024 @ 6:52:57 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.