Post Reply    New Topic  
Author  Message

DFELD2005
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2020 at 11:46:22 PM | IP Logged

edited by: DFELD2005 on Thursday, June 4, 2020 at 11:49:00 PM

It seems to me in the later versions of TW (06 & 08), pressing the "E" key seems to provide a dynamic "zoom-ahead" view of where your next shot will be going. And you can use the left and right arrow keys to change the destination while still in the zoom-ahead view. My current (flaky compatibility mode?) installation of TW05 does not provide a dynamic zoom-ahead view, just a fixed picture of the expected destination of the shot. The arrow keys do not affect the destination view. If I toggle the E key a few times I can see how the destination will change. Am I the only one who is addicted to using the E key before every shot? Is my installation of TW05 functioning OK?
Are there any other amazing keyboard short cuts that are helpful in shot planning? Thank You.

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Friday, June 5, 2020 at 10:42:57 AM | IP Logged

This was posted by Argon a few years ago:

On Expert using the 4 key on the greens to read the putt,1 key to return, 5 key view can show the slope on the cup in the green, the 3key view can be edited to use like you would use the E key on easier levels,or look at the controls for camera views w,a,s,d keys, you get to hate grids eventually.  

DFELD2005
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Friday, June 5, 2020 at 12:42:40 PM | IP Logged

Thanks for helpful reply.
And I found more of your patient advice in a Forum message from 2013.
http://www.coursedownloads.com/forum/posts.asp?post=9553

DFELD2005
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, June 9, 2020 at 10:27:10 PM | IP Logged

I finally figured out my problem using the "E" key in my installation of TW2005.
I am addicted to using the "E" key before every shot to help me decide where the ball will go.
Somehow, with my erratic tweaking, I set the Video Renderer to "Hardware-Fixed". This setting disables the "zoom-ahead" feature of the "E" key. The Renderer setting "3D Hardware" enables the "zoom-ahead" feature (and provides the overhead fly-by at the start of each hole).
Maybe this bit of info will help another newbie some day?? 

There are 1 active members online
hopelrs2,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - My question about using the "E" key - Page 1 Loaded in 0.523 seconds
Friday, April 19, 2024 @ 9:09:54 PM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.