Post Reply    New Topic    New Topic  
Author  Message

Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 5/5/1988 (35)

Posted: Thursday, April 16, 2020 at 2:44:24 PM | IP Logged

The 2020 US Open is at Winged Foot and I was originally thinking of designing it. However, having played the 2006 version by Elliot I feel like that version is very well done. I messaged Elliot and he does not have the tca file to update. So here are some steps to put Winged Foot 06 into TW08. (Thanks to Pat and JSJarvis for their help)

1. The course is compatible by doing nothing. However, if you want a splash screen, logo, and galleries (joshjays) there are few easy steps you can take to make that happen.

2. Install Winged Foot 06 and all required libraries the same way you would install any other course.

3. Go to C/Program Files/EA Sports/Tiger Woods 08/Courses

4. Find any stock or fictional course CLS that you would like to copy. I would suggest Westchester because it's close to Winged Foot.

5. Copy the CLS folder from there and paste it into the Winged Foot West course folder (overwrite the current one)

6. Download the splash and logo files files from these links:
http://www.coursedownloads.com/extras/details.asp?id=633
http://www.coursedownloads.com/extras/details.asp?id=632

7. Extract the files

8. Copy the splash screen (tga) file into the Winged Foot West course folder. You will need to delete the old one and rename this one splash.tga

9. Copy the logo (dds) file into the Winged Foot West course folder. You will need to delete teh old one and rename this one logo.dds

That should be it. Looks like a lot but it's actually very simple. Notice there are a lot of other splashes and logos here for other 06 and 07 courses. 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Saturday, April 18, 2020 at 4:07:38 PM | IP Logged

Thanks for posting Bobby, nice one. 

There are 1 active members online
wpb52,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - 2020 US Open at Winged Foot - Page 1 Loaded in 0.281 seconds
Friday, March 29, 2024 @ 8:34:54 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.