Menu:  Tiger Woods Forum : General
TW06 Courses to TW07 issue
Post Reply    New Topic    New Topic  
Author  Message

Yannick
General Member
Netherlands

Posted: Tuesday, October 22, 2019 at 11:51:05 AM | IP Logged

I'm attempting to combine all the Courses of TW06 & TW08 into TW07, because it is my favourite of the three that I played.
However, several courses have severe issues with the water, as it does not get loaded in.
Instead, textures of everything else around the lake gets layered infinitely around the area where's supposed to be water.

Courses like East Lake, Paradise Cove, Greek Isles, Harbour Town, Westchester & TPC Boston suffer this issue.
Extraordinarily, Bethpage, Reflection Bay and Dubsdread have no problems.

I thought it had to do with missing textures so I copied all the \Courses\Generic files of both 06 & 08 into the 07 folder, excluding the overwritable files, but it did not solve the issue.

Is there a solution for this? 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Tuesday, October 22, 2019 at 12:07:52 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Tuesday, October 22, 2019 at 12:08:00 PM

Hello Yannick,

There were a few settings for TW07 game, not sure it will fix your problem with the water though:

Created a work-around to fix antialiasing:

In TW game go to.....Options....Graphics.....manual settings

By turning off: Bloom.....Depth-Of-Field, and Lensflare effect... from the Options screen, the user can activate antialiasing.  

Yannick
General Member
Netherlands

Posted: Tuesday, October 22, 2019 at 1:51:38 PM | IP Logged

Unfortunately, it did not fix things. 

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 10/30/1976 (47)

Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2019 at 3:19:46 AM | IP Logged

Yeah I am one of the few that plays this game. I tried everything to fix the water issue with zero luck. I believe it is possible cause the water works fine on the stock courses but on customs designs it doesn't render.

If a fix is ever found you are going to need the TCA files to render the courses. I just did two courses for 07 which uses 08 bushes and they both render fine. Just haven't gotten around to figuring out how to create new holes signs and nobody is left to help. 

Yannick
General Member
Netherlands

Posted: Saturday, October 26, 2019 at 5:55:26 PM | IP Logged

Like I said, I'm pretty sure it has to do with the files that are lacking one way or another.
Paradise and Greek have very different water textures, which are more sparkling.

I noticed playing Pasatiempo Golf Club that the tree textures are appalling.
If only a hundred yards away, all trees will be very low quality with a grey rectangle around it.

However, this DOES get fixed if I set the graphics to AUTOMATIC instead of MANUAL.
I only really happens at trees that are about 500m away. I believe the game auto-optimizes it according to your PC specs.

This doesn't go with the water, however. It remains like I described in the first post.
I could look into my graphics card settings for that specific game, but I wouldn't know if I could find the answer there. 

Rickie
General Member
Japan

Posted: Sunday, October 27, 2019 at 2:31:00 PM | IP Logged

Hello, Yannick.
I don't have TW07, so I cannot test this myself.
But you can try this.

Check out
1. what water library is used for the nice courses
2. what water library is used for the ugly courses
3. rename 1 with 2

Before doing this, backup the water files.
If you do not know what you do, do NOT do.

Yannick
General Member
Netherlands

Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2019 at 6:14:32 PM | IP Logged

I really don't know how to check these things, do I need to open the .TCL with some program?

Rickie
General Member
Japan

Posted: Friday, November 1, 2019 at 6:00:37 AM | IP Logged

For TW08, you can check the libs used, using the Tiger Woods Caddie.
For TW07, you don't seem to do it on the CL Setup.
Sorry, my apologies. 

Quietly
General Member
No User Image
Canada

B-Day: 12/12/1800 (223)

Posted: Friday, November 1, 2019 at 1:22:50 PM | IP Logged

If I properly understand what you're saying, then I'm quite certain what you're suggesting is not possible.

If you're talking stock courses, all textures and plants are in a single library for each stock course. You can't just make the game use a different texture from a different library. They aren't seperate elements.

custom courses use a bumch of different libraries, typically, but you still can't force the game to use a different texture from a compiled course, nor can you swap out textures from a compiled library.

Further, the CL tool doesn't tell you which textures are water in a compiled course. It simply tells you which texs were used from which libraries on a course by number(ie. 1,4,6,7,8,11 from a certain library)

If you try to rename a library or something to make the game use a library with a 'better water' it will only result in crashes or more visual errors.

The only possible thing you can try with a compiled course is texmod. It can replace individual textures temporarily, but given the compelexity of water reflection, I doubt that'll work either. Best case, you might end up with a flat repeating texture like a bad looking ocean. 

Rickie
General Member
Japan

Posted: Friday, November 1, 2019 at 4:00:37 PM | IP Logged

Hello Quietly,

About stock courses, you are right.
But Yannick wrote "all the Courses", so I responded.

The rest of your argument is a crap.
I did wtite a topic about this in this forum, or somewhere.
Hope you'll find it, and stunned. 

Quietly
General Member
No User Image
Canada

B-Day: 12/12/1800 (223)

Posted: Saturday, November 2, 2019 at 2:08:04 PM | IP Logged

Yannick's list of courses he mentioned were all stocks.

My understanding was that he was saying he was taking "all" the stocks from 06 and 08 and installing them into 07.

Your earlier suggestion appeared to be taking him down a wrong path so I was trying to save him time.

If you in fact have the solution he asked for, we're all ears.

And please keep any further insults to yourself. 

Yannick
General Member
Netherlands

Posted: Sunday, November 3, 2019 at 9:59:53 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Yannick on Sunday, November 3, 2019 at 10:11:00 AM

Sorry, should''ve been a little more clear on it, but not literally all courses are imported from TW06/08 to TW07.
Some courses like Witch Hollow, The National, Ocean Course etc. which are already present in TW07 and in either Tw06 or TW08 as well I did not copy paste along.

Yannick
General Member
Netherlands

Posted: Monday, March 16, 2020 at 3:16:46 PM | IP Logged

Hey all, back at it.

I've been making changes by moving from TW07 to TW08, now also including courses of TW04 & TW05.
Positive thing is that right now, the issues did not travel along, I tried several courses and found pretty much no issues graphically wise.

New issue, though, is that the TW04 courses do not work at all.
At the loading screen the game just quits to desktop when about halfway there.
I have done the same methods of placing all the files like I wrote at the beginning on the thread and used TW08 Caddie to type all the right information.
No idea why it won't do anything. 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Monday, March 16, 2020 at 3:55:01 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Monday, March 16, 2020 at 3:59:00 PM

A lot ( most ) of TW06 and TW07 courses will work in TW08
But TW05 and TW04 courses are using a different game engine, some will work, but most of them will crash in TW08. ( the trees are the biggest problem )
Its explained on link below:

http://www.coursedownloads.com/forum/posts.asp?post=9924

There are 1 active members online
DFELD2005,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - TW06 Courses to TW07 issue - Page 1 Loaded in 0.563 seconds
Thursday, March 28, 2024 @ 8:55:10 PM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.