Post Reply    New Topic  
Author  Message

jurgie
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 1/12/1948 (76)

Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2019 at 1:58:09 PM | IP Logged

Is there anyone in this forum running computer games on Windows7? I have tried and keep running into the same problems. First, on a lot of games it prompts me to install an earlier version of flash player than the latest version that I have installed. I have just ignored that prompt. After the installation is complete and I try to launch the game I get the message that I must run the program as Administrator. Doing so results in seeing the same message again and again. Trying to launch the game in Compatibility Mode choosing XP Framework4 and various other choices still does not launch the games. Any ideas for a fix would be greatly appreciated. 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Monday, July 15, 2019 at 6:48:17 AM | IP Logged

Hello Jurgie,

Are you on win7 64bit or Win7 32bit ?
And what internet browser are you using ? ( Internet xplorer....chrome...Firefox etc.... )
There is a way to roll back to a previous version of Adobe flash player ( and disable the flash player auto update ), but then some browsers like Internet explorer will block some pages that requires the latest version of flash player.
That is why i ask first what internet browser you are using.

jurgie
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2019 at 12:39:44 PM | IP Logged

edited by: jurgie on Tuesday, July 16, 2019 at 12:40:00 PM spelling

Gunpower61 said:
"Hello Jurgie,

Are you on win7 64bit or Win7 32bit ?
And what internet browser are you using ? ( Internet xplorer....chrome...Firefox etc.... )
There is a way to roll back to a previous version of Adobe flash player ( and disable the flash player auto update ), but then some browsers like Internet explorer will block some pages that requires the latest version of flash player.
That is why i ask first what internet browser you are using.
"
Hey Gunnie, have not talked to you in awhile. I am running Win7 64 bit and using Internet Explorer or Firefox on my windows 7 platform.  

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2019 at 3:32:34 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Tuesday, July 16, 2019 at 3:33:00 PM

Hiya Jurgie, i remember something about the online components.
When you installed TW08 then you had the option to install TW08 with or without the online components ( EASO )
The flash player is used to play online, but since EA sports Online (EASO) is closed for years, so you dont need the online components anymore.
So when you installed TW08, and you took the option to install the online components, then you will have a folder named: EA SPORTS online

You can easy uninstall the online components seperate ( no need to uninstall TW08 game ):

When you want to uninstall the online components:

To uninstall online components:
go to folder: ea sports online
C:\Program Files(x86)\EA SPORTS\EA SPORTS online
inside you will see icon: Easouninstaller
Click: Easouninstaller icon , and online components will be removed

After you uninstalled the online components, with some luck the error message about the flash Player will be gone, not sure though.

jurgie
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2019 at 4:11:04 PM | IP Logged

Thanks for the info regarding TW08. The TW08 game works fine and no error messages. My question really pertained to other computer games that worked without any problems on the XP platform and installing them on my Windows 7 64 bit Pro. When installing these games the game prompts me to install an earlier version of the Flash Player. I disregarded that message and continued the installation. I did not want to install an earlier version over the top of the latest one that is installed now. After the istallation is complete and I try to launch the game, I get the message that I must run the game as Administrator. I try to do this but keep getting the same message. Running the game in Compatability Mode choosing any of the options available returns me to the Run as Administrator prompt. 

dawg8
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 12/20/1946 (77)

Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2019 at 5:02:33 PM | IP Logged

what games are you wanting to run on win7....it is best to run win7 as admin...also the user account thing needs to be turned off. i'm running win7 home preminen 64 bit...other games i play fine on my system are Fallout 3 and Fallout 4....also Elder scroll 5 Skyrim...they all work great. 

jurgie
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2019 at 6:32:14 PM | IP Logged

dawg8 said:
"what games are you wanting to run on win7....it is best to run win7 as admin...also the user account thing needs to be turned off. i'm running win7 home preminen 64 bit...other games i play fine on my system are Fallout 3 and Fallout 4....also Elder scroll 5 Skyrim...they all work great."
I have numerous games that ran great with XP Pro 64 bit. I run all my games as administrator. I just installed DOOM 3, but I canot get it to launch.The introductory or main screen does appear but when pushing the Play tab nothing happens. 

Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 5/5/1988 (35)

Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2019 at 10:43:29 PM | IP Logged

Great to hear from you Jurgie! 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Wednesday, July 17, 2019 at 7:00:23 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Wednesday, July 17, 2019 at 9:41:00 AM

A guy had same problem with Doom 3, the game didn''t start.
It seems you have to download a patch, you can go to link below:

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/85260-doom-3-wont-launch/ 

jurgie
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Saturday, July 20, 2019 at 4:02:41 PM | IP Logged

Gunpower61 said:
"A guy had same problem with Doom 3, the game didn''t start.

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/85260-doom-3-wont-launch/"
Thanks for the Link Gunnie. I downloaded the patch but when trying to install it, I get the message that Windows can not open the file. Any ideas? 

jurgie
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Saturday, July 20, 2019 at 4:06:04 PM | IP Logged

Bobby Bolin said:
"Great to hear from you Jurgie!"
Thanks Bobby, it's been awhile since I have been in this forum. Nice of you to remember me. 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2019 at 7:17:50 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Sunday, July 21, 2019 at 7:23:00 AM

jurgie said:
"
Gunpower61 said:
"A guy had same problem with Doom 3, the game didn''t start.

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/85260-doom-3-wont-launch/"
Thanks for the Link Gunnie. I downloaded the patch but when trying to install it, I get the message that Windows can not open the file. Any ideas?"

Hiya Jurgie,

When you downloaded that file to your pc, then you have to paste the file inside the folder of the installed Doom3 game.
When you pasted it in the Doom3 game folder, then you have to dubble click the file, and it should install the patch.
Update: i found the full instructions, it looks its not working on some versions of the doom3 game:

Full instructions:
------------------

IMPORTANT NOTE: Read the description for instructions before installing.

Warning: This patch is for 2004 Edition game owners only, BFG Edition and Steam version owners do not install this patch.
[03/07/2016] Quick SFX Translation.
[26/06/2016] Made an easy-to-extract SFX Archive to help solving most problems that happen while extracting.
[02/09/2015] Updated to work with Resurrection of Evil expansion aswell.
Unlike 1.3.1, this patch doesn''t require any previous patches to update your game to 1.3.1, it directly updates it to that version, it contains all files from patches released prior to the 1.3.1 patch to make sure you don''t get errors after installing the patch, here''s why you should install this before installing official patch:
Fixes "couldn''t load default.cfg" error.
Fixes "different DLL API version" error.
Updates the game''s Protocol to the latest version.
Works for Resurrection of Evil Expansion too (The game might appear under the mods section after installing the patch but won''t boot properly unless you had it already installed before).
Contains files of every official patch released for the game prior to v1.3.1 Patch.
This patch has been only tested with CD-Retail 2004 version of the game, so it will not work with BFG Edition, it should also work for every version of the game.

How to install the patch:
NOTE: do not install this on the Steam version, that version should be already updated to the latest version so you don''t need to install this on it.

Download and install this patch.
Download and install the official v1.3.1 Patch, to register CD-Key information from it and avoid Blue errolog window.
Profit!
How to find out whether the patch worked or not: Start up the game and open the Console, It should tell you what game version are you running on bottom left of console. 

jurgie
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2019 at 3:51:25 PM | IP Logged

Thanks for all your information on this, I really appreciate it. Let me mention a few things in regard to this stating starting with the Hardware-assisted virtualization located in the BIOS located in the Boot Menu. In my case, it shows that it is indeed disabled. Two places on my machine where I tread very lightly is the Register & the BIOS. Making a wrong adjustment or alteration could spell disaster. My BIOS provider is American Megatrends. Unfortunately, going to their website offers no information as far as HAV is concerned. As far as the patch for DOOM3 is concerned, from what I have been able to gather, the downloadable patch is what is termed as a 2 file extension. Once downloaded, copied and pasted into the installed Doom3 Game Folder and double clicking on it gives you the message that windows can not open this file. I am not sure what program will open the 2 file extension. Another matter is Direct X. This game runs on Direct X 9. I thought that this might be a problem since I have the latest version of Direct X installed. The game during installation specifically prompts you to install Direct X 9 or a more updated version. As an experiment, I clicked on the install Direct X tab and got the message that a later version is already installed so Direct X 9 will not be installed. Lastly, I do own the store bought 3cd version of this game including the activation key. It ran smoothly without any issues when it was installed on my XP Pro 64 Bit Platform. I might also mention, that when launching the game, the main screen does appear. I can access all options on the main screen except Play. 

There are 1 active members online
hacker49,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - XP Computer Games in Win.7 - Page 1 Loaded in 0.234 seconds
Monday, March 18, 2024 @ 10:50:25 PM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.