Re-install and black screen
Post Reply    New Topic  
Author  Message

huskereuroca
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 11/14/1963 (60)

Posted: Friday, March 3, 2017 at 8:31:57 PM | IP Logged

edited by: huskereurocat on Saturday, March 4, 2017 at 1:01:00 AM More information!

Due to some incompatibility issues with my MoBo and Win 10 I had to reinstall Win 7. Now that it is done I reinstalled TW08 and I get a long period of black on my screen in the intro so that you hear the intro but you don''''t see anything on the screen until well into the screen with Tiger on it. Then when I click tee off, the screen goes black and never reappears. Task Manager says that TW08 is still running but nothing happens. The screen is still black. Any one no what might be going on?
FYI, I installed Madden 08 and it is working fine, so i can''''t figure out what is going on.

Edit: The sound from the course comes through when the screen goes black so it is a video issue, i just can''''t think what it may be.

Edit 2:I took another step back and removed the GTX 950 GPU and I get the error that there isn''t enough memory. I did the Cutseybutton fix, which didn''t work. I then tried the Jo Summer fix with limiting the RAM and that didn''t work either. I can''t think what else to try and maybe someone else can.  

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (63)

Posted: Saturday, March 4, 2017 at 2:16:18 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Saturday, March 4, 2017 at 2:21:00 AM

Hiya Kelly, are you on win7 or win10 now ?
When task manager says TW08 is still running, then you have to delete TW08 in task manager, or restart your PC.
After that try to start TW08 again.
When you are on win7, then you can try to run TW08 in compatibility mode ( XP mode )
Right click TW08 icon..choose: Properties....compatibility...and check the box: run program in compatibility mode...and in the list choose: XP 

huskereuroca
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 11/14/1963 (60)

Posted: Saturday, March 4, 2017 at 3:05:47 AM | IP Logged

edited by: huskereurocat on Saturday, March 4, 2017 at 3:06:00 AM spelling correction

Thanks for getting back Pat! Already tried those things, but here is what seems to be working. I won''t hold my breath but for the moment it is working.

1. I read through your TW08 on widescreen post and seemed to get part of the answer at the bottom of the post and that was to "Change the theme to Windows 7 basic when Playing TW08" in personalization. No more black screen. I can''t believe it was something that simple, but I don''t discount anything when it comes to computers. Anyone for holding your breath?

2. Now for the resolution issue. I ran the universal widescreen patcher after the theme fix and walla, I think we hit pay dirt. In game if I don''t have the 1920x1080 resolution, the monitor pops a small screen and says that my screen isn''t at 1920x1080. It didn''t pop the error and the display looks good. One thing that I haven''t read in the posts is that when you run the UWP, down at the bottom you see a "New Resolution" box and I changed that to 1920x1080. It didn''t let me change that until after I changed the theme as stated above. I tried the UWP before I did that and it wouldn''t let me change the resolution. Just wanted to make that available for those that maybe didn''t do it in that order.

Now for the tricky part, I hope all this works with my OBS recording software or I have another issue to solve.

Thanks for your help.  

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (63)

Posted: Saturday, March 4, 2017 at 6:18:43 AM | IP Logged

Hiya Kelly, good news you got it working, thanks for posting the solution, it can help other members. 

There are 1 active members online
Gunpower61,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Re-install and black screen - Page 1 Loaded in 0.266 seconds
Friday, May 17, 2024 @ 12:12:27 PM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.