CourseDownloads.com Logo
Welcome Guest - Login | Register
 Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Player not found when changing courses in CEHelper - Page 1

Menu:  Tiger Woods Forum : General
Player not found when changing courses in CEHelper
Post Reply    New Topic  
Author  Message

huskereuroca
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 11/14/1963 (60)

Posted: Thursday, August 18, 2016 at 6:33:38 PM | IP Logged

I was trying to change a couple of the courses and this error popped up stating Foggy couldn't be found. Where would the program be searching? I already rebooted and that didn't change anything. I don't understand why this would be happening since I just opened up (after the error) a practice game and played a couple of holes with him.

Help! 

File Attachment
Zip File - PNG File - Click Here to Download File - 1.88 MB

JoSummer
General Member
No User Image
Germany

B-Day: 8/12/1974 (49)

Posted: Friday, August 19, 2016 at 8:08:36 AM | IP Logged

You have to check the players PGA.gcf file located in ...Documents\Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 08\Career\Players\Foggy Nelson\gcfs

Btw, you should create a backup of the players PGA.gcf file before modifying it with the CE-Helper. Never run into problems when changing courses with the helper so far, but there's always the possibility that something goes wrong.  

JoSummer Signature

Golf-4Fun Tour

huskereuroca
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Friday, August 19, 2016 at 10:56:01 PM | IP Logged

JoSummer said:
"You have to check the players PGA.gcf file located in ...Documents\Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 08\Career\Players\Foggy Nelson\gcfs

Btw, you should create a backup of the players PGA.gcf file before modifying it with the CE-Helper. Never run into problems when changing courses with the helper so far, but there's always the possibility that something goes wrong."

What is the difference between PGAUser.gcf in the C:\Users\Kelly\Documents\Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 08\Career\GCFS and the one at C:\Users\Kelly\Documents\Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 08\Career\Players\Foggy Nelson\gcfs? I have been saving the PGAUser.gcf at C:\Users\Kelly\Documents\Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 08\Career\GCFS for my series for 10 rounds and I have had to use that saved file a couple of times now. Is that what I should be saving or is it the one in the C:\Users\Kelly\Documents\Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 08\Career\Players\Foggy Nelson\gcfs folder that is the one that needs to be saved. BTW, all of them have a date modified as 7/29/16 all the way back to the end of the first tournament that I played in and that has a modified date of 7/17/16. Shouldn't that change after each round that I play. I normally save my player after each round. That way if disaster strikes, which has happened a couple of times already (not with the round, if I play poorly that stays as recorded), I have a backup file to fall back on. It would seem that the file is no longer has the current modify date, but if I have to regress back to the saved file, it is correct. Don't quite understand why that would be happening? 

huskereuroca
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Sunday, August 21, 2016 at 5:07:53 PM | IP Logged

I don't know how this happened but somehow Foggy is not being found in the game to continue his career. I have reverted back to the end of The Farmers Insurance Open. The only real issue is that I want to recreate that same score on the leaderboard as I had in round one of the Waste Management Phoenix Open. I have played a couple of rounds now and never hit that -5 mark for the end of the round. Is there any way that I can change this by means of the Hex editing program that I have downloaded? It all looks like programmer stuff to me.

Anyone have suggestions?  

huskereuroca
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Sunday, August 21, 2016 at 8:51:49 PM | IP Logged

It took playing a couple more rounds, but I finally got it right.  

JoSummer
General Member
No User Image
Germany

B-Day: 8/12/1974 (49)

Posted: Wednesday, August 24, 2016 at 12:09:54 AM | IP Logged

edited by: JoSummer on Wednesday, August 24, 2016 at 12:10:00 AM

huskereurocat said:
"
What is the difference between PGAUser.gcf in the C:\Users\Kelly\Documents\Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 08\Career\GCFS and the one at C:\Users\Kelly\Documents\Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 08\Career\Players\Foggy Nelson\gcfs?"

There''s no difference, it''s the same file only used to initialise a custom season. The file is generated by the helper: PGAEdit.gcf (Career Editor => patched to work with 08 (Helper) => PGAUser.gcf (file the game can read)

Btw, the PGA.gcf in the player folder is the season file accessed by the helper - to replace courses. So always create a backup of this file before you replace courses 

JoSummer Signature

Golf-4Fun Tour

There are 1 active members online
Bobby Bolin,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Player not found when changing courses in CEHelper - Page 1 Loaded in 0.563 seconds
Thursday, March 28, 2024 @ 10:07:23 PM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.