Existing player in a career, able to move
Post Reply    New Topic  
Author  Message

huskereuroca
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 11/14/1963 (60)

Posted: Friday, July 29, 2016 at 10:02:23 PM | IP Logged

I know this may be a shot in the dark but I have started a career with a created player, but need to change some of the conditions of the tournaments on my schedule. I know that changing the conditions can cause crashing issues according to JoSummer (unless this has been fixed). I was wondering if one could take the existing created player and move him to a new schedule. I didn't know if that had been fixed yet.

Any help would be appreciated since I really don't want to start a new player and career!

Kelly 

Gordo
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 11/18/1961 (62)

Posted: Wednesday, August 3, 2016 at 12:01:15 PM | IP Logged

If I can get to understanding exactly how which files affect what, I'd be glad to help you. I haven't looked intensely into it as of yet, and as you know, I'm still confused as to how the editor works exactly.

I am appreciative of your fixed 2016 schedule. However, the strange thing I discovered is that I'm not sure it's holding to exactly how the rounds are set up. For example, I'm in the 3rd tourney at Tourey Pines and on day 2 I'm encountering rain. I looked in how you had it set up through the editor and there is one of the rounds scheduled for rain, but not the 2nd day.  

JoSummer
General Member
No User Image
Germany

B-Day: 8/12/1974 (49)

Posted: Thursday, August 4, 2016 at 7:28:51 AM | IP Logged

edited by: JoSummer on Thursday, August 4, 2016 at 7:30:00 AM

@ Husker
Changing the conditions should not cause a game crash, cannot remember I said so.

@Gordo
If you open your players career folder (MyDocuments\Tiger Woods...\Career\-your player-) there''s a folder named gcfs ... with EA default career files (Amateur - TC.gcf) and the custom career file (PGAUser.gcf). PGAUser.gcf is a patched 06 career file (to work with TW08), which is initialising the players season file (PGA.gcf) when you start the season.

The EA Sports Career Editor cannot read the file and it''s somehow messy to patch it back to readable format. It does work, but it was occasionally resulting in damaged career files ... so I gave up on it.

PGA.gcf is the file Husker wants to modfiy ... to patch tournament course conditions. You can edit the conditions with hex editing ... example screenshot below. It is planned to add the conditions-edit-function to the helper, but due to my job I don''t have the time atm.

Hex editing PGA.gcf file:
http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4437/f2kbhikq_jpg.htm 

JoSummer Signature

Golf-4Fun Tour

Gordo
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, August 4, 2016 at 9:56:14 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Gordo on Thursday, August 4, 2016 at 10:37:00 PM

Can''t get into all that hex editing...game is not that important to me. I manually edited husker''s career file and going to try a restart. It''s just a small pain to make a new player each time, but not horrible. Thanks for all your help.

P.S. Do you know if it is possible to edit the names for the PGA pros so that they some of the names can be updated to more modern day players. For example, I don''t think Fred Couples plays any longer, etc. 

huskereuroca
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Friday, August 5, 2016 at 9:22:08 AM | IP Logged

Gordo said:
"Can''t get into all that hex editing...game is not that important to me. I manually edited husker''s career file and going to try a restart. It''s just a small pain to make a new player each time, but not horrible. Thanks for all your help.

P.S. Do you know if it is possible to edit the names for the PGA pros so that they some of the names can be updated to more modern day players. For example, I don''t think Fred Couples plays any longer, etc."

Here is a post with good info about the updated players.

http://www.coursedownloads.com/forum/posts.asp?post=10191&forum=11

If you can wait until this afternoon I will upload for approval my players folder. I updated the players for last year on the tour and am still using those players. Any new ones on the PGA Tour would have to be added. ***These will only work on the leaderboard for career mode and not a 1v1 game, since I didn't update stats. Only things necessary for leaderboard consideration.*** 

huskereuroca
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Saturday, August 6, 2016 at 4:57:38 PM | IP Logged

JoSummer said:
"@ Husker
Changing the conditions should not cause a game crash, cannot remember I said so.
"

That's interesting because I have been using that assumption since I started making my careers. I will try changing the conditions and see what happens.

Thanks for your hard work on this!!! 

JoSummer
General Member
No User Image
Germany

Posted: Sunday, August 7, 2016 at 6:05:53 AM | IP Logged

edited by: JoSummer on Sunday, August 7, 2016 at 6:07:00 AM

Not sure if this is something for you, perhaps to techie ... though not difficult to do. The video shows how to edit the conditions of an ongoing PGA.gcf season file. What you need is a good HexEditor like Hexplorer 2.6 and my gcf decrypt app to identify the courses in the gcf file.

I can send you the download link to the decrypt app and offsets_condition.txt file via private message ... if you are going to try hex editing of season files.

Note: always backup your PGA.gcf file before messing around with it !!!

Tutorial Video Round Conditons
https://vid.me/NWdm

ICY Hexplorer 2.6
https://sourceforge.net/projects/hexplorer/files/hexplorer/ 

JoSummer Signature

Golf-4Fun Tour

huskereuroca
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Sunday, August 7, 2016 at 10:41:11 AM | IP Logged

JoSummer said:
"Not sure if this is something for you, perhaps to techie ... though not difficult to do. The video shows how to edit the conditions of an ongoing PGA.gcf season file. What you need is a good HexEditor like Hexplorer 2.6 and my gcf decrypt app to identify the courses in the gcf file.

I can send you the download link to the decrypt app and offsets_condition.txt file via private message ... if you are going to try hex editing of season files.

Note: always backup your PGA.gcf file before messing around with it !!!

Tutorial Video Round Conditons
https://vid.me/NWdm

ICY Hexplorer 2.6
https://sourceforge.net/projects/hexplorer/files/hexplorer/"

I'm good with this season's conditions. I was curious if one would need this method to change conditions for next season's conditions or can that be changed with the CEHelper program?
I would, however, like to have your gcf decrypt app and offsets_condition.txt files. I will give this a go. I've got a lot of time to let it soak in, being on disability and all.

Would one use this method to change out a tournament in next year's schedule for a new tournament? For example the DEAN & DELUCA Invitational this season is a new tournament replacing another one. Or the current sponsor of a tournament will bail and a new one will take it's place, thus changing the name of the tournament.  

JoSummer
General Member
No User Image
Germany

Posted: Sunday, August 7, 2016 at 12:27:06 PM | IP Logged

edited by: JoSummer on Sunday, August 7, 2016 at 12:28:00 PM

You can edit the tournament setup of an initialised player season (which is not readable by the career editor). Change course, round conditions, name of the tournaments, purse, description ...

Didn''''t know the sponsoring is working with ported 06 careers ??

You can also edit player files xxxx.plr with this method ... change name, attributes ...

JoSummer Signature

Golf-4Fun Tour

Gordo
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, August 11, 2016 at 10:17:06 PM | IP Logged

Well, I'll tell you the easy way around it. During the first year of the career was when I noticed rain, I went into the career editor and took rain out of each event. So far during the second event I'm in the 4th round and no rain to be seen once I advanced to the next year. 

JoSummer
General Member
No User Image
Germany

Posted: Friday, August 12, 2016 at 12:57:12 PM | IP Logged

I thought that Husker wanted to change an initialised PGA player season which cannot be edited with the EA Sports Career Editor. That's why I posted the video ...  

JoSummer Signature

Golf-4Fun Tour

huskereuroca
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Friday, August 12, 2016 at 6:37:26 PM | IP Logged

JoSummer said:
"I thought that Husker wanted to change an initialised PGA player season which cannot be edited with the EA Sports Career Editor. That's why I posted the video ..."

That is where I was going with it, but haven't had a chance to edit yet. I was going to try this since Gordo seemed a little reluctant to try this. Your post was to change the remaining tournaments of the first year of an existing career, correct?

I think Gordo just simmed past the first year and changed the conditions of the career tournaments for the second season. Correct me if I'm wrong Gordo.  

Gordo
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Monday, August 15, 2016 at 12:12:39 AM | IP Logged

I changed the conditions via the editor (taking rain out of every event I could find) when I was in year one, then advanced to the next year and so far in the very early going I haven't seen any rain. 

There are 1 active members online
raylloyd7,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Existing player in a career, able to move - Page 1 Loaded in 0.359 seconds
Thursday, March 28, 2024 @ 3:20:21 PM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.