Post Reply    New Topic  
Author  Message

BVP
General Member
No User Image
United Kingdom

Posted: Monday, July 11, 2016 at 11:57:08 AM | IP Logged

Hello,

I'm pretty experienced playing TW08 and have created custom golfers from the European and especially the Challenge Tour for my career mode. I have maxxed out most of them so the winners usually shoot between -18 and -25 after four rounds. I know by default you can't make them any better than that, but I wondered if someone in the know here knows of a work around to make them even better?

I'd like to get the winners shooting -35 to -40 ideally. Ridiculous I know but I'm finding it easy to win even on expert. I'm making it harder for myself by giving my golfer wooden shafts, crap clubs and nothing longer than a 4W off the tee, but surely there is a fix to make the AI even better?

Thanks in advance for any pointers...

Steve 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Monday, July 11, 2016 at 12:12:24 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Monday, July 11, 2016 at 12:13:00 PM

Hiya Steve,

I don t know if it is possible to do that.
We have a download: Updated CPU Opponents.
In the download there are 2 packages, you have to choose one of them:

First one ( easiest one )
-------------------------
Updated CPU Opponents: contains 200 updated PGA pros, including correct stats
as of July 2008. These files can be used for Stroke play tournaments and Tour
Mode play. CPU tournament leaders will generally shoot between -10 and -15
(four-round tourney).

Second one ( tougher opponents
-------------------------------
Updated CPU Opponents Edited Scoring: contains 200 updated PGA pros,
including correct stats with the exception of Scoring and Birdie stats. Can be used
for Stroke play and Tour Mode. CPU tournament leaders will generally shoot
between -20 and -25.

As you can see, the tougher package is also -20 to -25, so i am not sure this download will help you.

You can download Updated CPU Opponents on link below:
(Instructions are included in the download)

http://www.coursedownloads.com/extras/details.asp?id=713

BVP
General Member
No User Image
United Kingdom

Posted: Monday, July 11, 2016 at 12:14:25 PM | IP Logged

Thanks for the reply. I've had that file before and learned how it worked so the golfers I created also shot that sort of score.

I'm resigned to thinking I can't make them shoot any lower, but you never know there might be a way around it!  

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 10/30/1976 (47)

Posted: Monday, July 11, 2016 at 12:22:35 PM | IP Logged

You want to make the players who show up on the leaderboard shoot lower scores? Correct? This is possible however it is a lot of work, and you will need to do it yourself. How many players do you want on the tour? Next if you set every player to max stats they will all be the same. Jordan Spieth will shoot the name numbers as Woody Austin or some other scrub tour player. Basically every event, it will be random who plays the best cause they will all be close or the same clone of a player. But you will need to create all the players and set the stats for every one of them. 

BVP
General Member
No User Image
United Kingdom

Posted: Monday, July 11, 2016 at 12:35:36 PM | IP Logged

Hi Hyno,

I've already created 100+ custom golfers and edited their stats so the best ones shoot an average of 66.5 per round, which is the lowest the game will let me do.

What I want to do is work out a way that they can shoot lower than this on average - say 60-62. 

BVP
General Member
No User Image
United Kingdom

Posted: Monday, July 11, 2016 at 2:09:25 PM | IP Logged

Having trawled through older threads, perhaps it is possible to hex edit the .plr files to make the created AI scoring stats better?

dawg8
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 12/20/1946 (77)

Posted: Monday, July 11, 2016 at 4:36:19 PM | IP Logged

BVP...have you tryed creating/using a player with only 30% or 40% attributies ??? 

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 10/30/1976 (47)

Posted: Monday, July 11, 2016 at 6:47:51 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Hyno Designs on Monday, July 11, 2016 at 8:13:00 PM

66.5 per round those guys should shoot low, you know how to put the .plr file in the game right, so they show up on the leaderboard.

Try this, click player learning, take one of your customer players, play two or three rounds with him as a side kick, than put in him the tour folder and see how he shoots. Max out his stats.

Not sure on this one either but maybe in some of the older games aka 03 or 04, you may be able to lower the scoring avg even more.

Than in 08, if you are only using that game, not sure if you can even place the .plr fies in the customer tour folders to even show up, I forget. 

Gordo
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 11/18/1961 (62)

Posted: Saturday, July 23, 2016 at 9:56:37 PM | IP Logged

You haven't said how you swing/play? Maybe the method you're using and the conditions you're playing under are too easy. Because if you take a look at the realistic averages for the best players in the world, your asking for their scores to be blown out of the water.

So what swing method do you use? 

huskereuroca
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 11/14/1963 (60)

Posted: Sunday, July 24, 2016 at 1:19:28 AM | IP Logged

edited by: huskereurocat on Sunday, July 24, 2016 at 1:22:00 AM Missed writing something.

Gordo said:
"You haven''t said how you swing/play? Maybe the method you''re using and the conditions you''re playing under are too easy. Because if you take a look at the realistic averages for the best players in the world, your asking for their scores to be blown out of the water.

So what swing method do you use?"

I''m only guessing that the swing meter is more difficult, right? This might work for him then. The one in the utility section named harder than nails meter, or some such name should work.
I for one can''t play on the meter since I had a tumor taken out of my head. The surgery just messed with my reaction time so badly that swing meter mode doesn''t cut it for me any longer. I applaud anyone that has that ability because I don''t anymore. Argh............. I for one am glad the game has the True Swing option.  

Gordo
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Sunday, July 24, 2016 at 8:50:31 AM | IP Logged

Using both, I would say the swing meter is more difficult in certain situations and TS in others (3C on medium range putts can be tough while between distance pitch shots can be tougher on TS). It also of course depends on how one "true" swings. Anyone who edges is not true swinging, even if they're guiding their hand/finger on an edge. TS is full, free mouse movement with no programmed aids to the mouse as well.

Ya, I did the hard-as-nails meter and it definitely makes 3C harder. Also, if you try the simulation play pack I came up with, it makes the overall experience more challenging even for TS'ing (even if you edge). Of course playing on expert would be the greatest challenge combined with the above. 

huskereuroca
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 11/14/1963 (60)

Posted: Monday, July 25, 2016 at 12:10:55 AM | IP Logged

Gordo said:
"Using both, I would say the swing meter is more difficult in certain situations and TS in others (3C on medium range putts can be tough while between distance pitch shots can be tougher on TS). It also of course depends on how one "true" swings. Anyone who edges is not true swinging, even if they're guiding their hand/finger on an edge. TS is full, free mouse movement with no programmed aids to the mouse as well.

Ya, I did the hard-as-nails meter and it definitely makes 3C harder. Also, if you try the simulation play pack I came up with, it makes the overall experience more challenging even for TS'ing (even if you edge). Of course playing on expert would be the greatest challenge combined with the above."

Can you share the location of your play pack? I wouldn't mind trying that. 

Gordo
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2016 at 3:42:13 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Gordo on Wednesday, July 27, 2016 at 11:05:00 AM

The Simulation game set up is here: http://www.coursedownloads.net/extras/details.asp?id=1007

The Hard As Nails Swing Meter is here: http://www.coursedownloads.net/extras/details.asp?id=1016

By the way huskereuroca .... thanks very much for the season file! Gonna put that to good use. 

BVP
General Member
No User Image
United Kingdom

Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2016 at 8:01:54 AM | IP Logged

Thanks for the replies and the interesting discussion.

I used the true swing, always have done. I play on expert but find it easy to blitz tournaments -30 to -50 or so. I tried to make it harder for myself by not adjusting chipping sliders - going on feel alone but it's still easy.

I will have a go at the sim mode and hard as nails swing meter and report back :) 

Gordo
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Sunday, July 31, 2016 at 1:20:32 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Gordo on Sunday, July 31, 2016 at 11:13:00 PM

Are you actually true swinging or using a guide/edge or some other cheat? If so, try just freehand swinging. If you are freehand swinging and everything is going straight, try using a basic Microsoft mouse. They are not very forgiving .... just like golf clubs :)

Also, try using the no aim arrow mod. No one has a giant grey arrow at the end of their clubs.

The #1 golfer in the world has a 69.5 avg/18 which equals about a -10/tournament. Clearly you need to adjust things overall to make it more challenging for yourself. 

Gordo
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Wednesday, September 7, 2016 at 11:19:09 PM | IP Logged

Well, that conversation just sort of died out, eh? 

There are 2 active members online
findizzle, golfingod,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - AI player difficulty - Page 1 Loaded in 0.418 seconds
Friday, April 26, 2024 @ 4:32:25 PM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.