No Gallery in Automatic Settings
Post Reply    New Topic  
Author  Message

mslavin
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Thursday, January 29, 2015 at 11:04:20 AM | IP Logged

I am new here and I hope someone can answer this question. I would like to have the gallery active when playing. The only way to get it to display is in Manual Settings and not in Automatic Settings. When I use Manual settings the video is a bit choppy. Anyone have an idea of how to get the gallery operational in Automatic settings?  

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Thursday, January 29, 2015 at 12:07:44 PM | IP Logged

Hiya, every time you start TW08 the game will check your PC system, and TW08 will set the best settings in the game that fits best for your system.
So when your PC system is not very strong, then TW08 will disable some things ( for example the galleries ) so that you can play the game very smooth.
That is when you use the automatic settings in: Options....Graphics
When you switch to manual settings in Options ...Graphics then you can enable the Galleries, but then you have the risk the game will be choppy because your system can t handle it.

This what you can try when you want to use the Galleries and the game is a bit choppy:

Start TW08 and go to: Options.....Graphics.....and set it to: manual settings
Now set the slider a bit more to: Best Performance
You can also try to turn down some other options a bit ( for example Tree detail ) until the game is not choppy anymore.
When it is still choppy, then the best option is to set it back to automatic settings, but then you will lose the galleries again. 

mslavin
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Thursday, January 29, 2015 at 2:05:37 PM | IP Logged

I've tried moving the slider all the way up to best performance but the play is still choppy. I will try and turn off some of the other things in manual settings and see how that works. Thanks. 

mslavin
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Thursday, January 29, 2015 at 6:49:07 PM | IP Logged

Turned all of the manual settings to off and set the slider at best performance. The play was still very choppy. I guess I'm stuck without a gallery. 

jbcalg
General Member
No User Image
Canada

B-Day: 4/1/1969 (55)

Posted: Friday, January 30, 2015 at 12:00:10 PM | IP Logged

manual settings

3d gallery - low or medium for galleries
shader - low
grass, trees the biggest resource users, try setting those lower or to auto

all others can be set to off - flag, shadow, lens flare etc

some courses are more intensive than others
but you never posted any system specs (motherboard, RAM, video card), so hard to tell about your PC

also make sure the confidence folder is fixed for your player, may help the choppiness also
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(from a GP post)
Note: Also don't forget to do the confidence folder fix for slow loading holes:

When you start playing TW08 game, it is important to know there is a bug in the game:
When you played some courses you will see the loading times between holes are increasing, the game will become slower and slower.
Do next steps to solve the problem:

On desktop you will see folder: My documents........
inside look for: Tiger woods PGA tour 2008....and inside go to folder: Career.
Inside Career go to folder: Players.......and inside look for your playersname folder.
Now you will see folder: Confidence.....and inside you will find files:
Hole Type.tcn......and.....Shot type.tcn
Now right click both files ( hole.tcn +Shot type.tcn) and delete both files.
When you did this: restart TW08 game and play 1 hole on any stock course and close TW08 game.
Go back to same confidence folder and you will see both files are regenerated: but now they are very small size ( 85kb or something like that) Now right click both files ( Type.tcn......and.....Shot type.tcn) and choose : Properties....and check box: READ ONLY. Do this for both files.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

jbcalg Signature

========
JBCalg
Self Promotion doesnt make it so
========

dawg8
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 12/20/1946 (77)

Posted: Friday, January 30, 2015 at 4:36:14 PM | IP Logged

Give the Admin folks the specs on your computer. Might give them a better idea on a solution for your problem. Just curious why do you want the Zombies anyway ????? 

There are 1 active members online
Philo_Beddoe,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - No Gallery in Automatic Settings - Page 1 Loaded in 0.250 seconds
Thursday, April 18, 2024 @ 5:24:26 PM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.